Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Will you continue with the Galaxy S Series?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 80.95%
  • No

4 19.05%
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By SpookDroid
  • 1 Post By Bishop_99
  • 1 Post By JamesBramble
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Will you continue with the Galaxy S Series?

After the release of the S5 for me the only MAJOR changes are the IP67 and Camera. So will you continue with the S series of the Samsung? I mean, do you see your self still purchasing their product maybe until Samsung Galaxy S10 or further. )
    Phone:
    Nokia 5610, Blackberry 9780, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9505) - Sandisk Ultra 32GB

Tablet:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (T700) - Sandisk Extreme PLUS 32GB

Default Re: Will you continue with the Galaxy S Series?

I'd have added a "Move to another Galaxy Family" option. In my case, I've gone through an SII, Note 2, S4, Note 3. I'm skipping the S5 for now (like you say, minor changes over the S4 to make it enticing), but I might get the Note 4 if it comes out with IP67 rating. Still in the 'Galaxy' family, just not the 'S' variants.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    I'd have added a "Move to another Galaxy Family" option. In my case, I've gone through an SII, Note 2, S4, Note 3. I'm skipping the S5 for now (like you say, minor changes over the S4 to make it enticing), but I might get the Note 4 if it comes out with IP67 rating. Still in the 'Galaxy' family, just not the 'S' variants.
    That's exactly what's on my mind. Skipping S5 and waiting for the Note 4 to come.
    Phone:
    Nokia 5610, Blackberry 9780, iPhone 4, Samsung Galaxy S4 (I9505) - Sandisk Ultra 32GB

Tablet:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (T700) - Sandisk Extreme PLUS 32GB

Although, if the Internet is to be believed, I'm not too thrilled about the rumored display bending over the edges. I get WHY they'd want to do something like that, but don't see how safe that would be for a display nor find it useful when you're always covering a part of that with your fingers while holding the phone, not to mention how it would affect the 'friction' when holding it and how frail it would be.

I have the S4 and I'll be jumping to the Note 4 as long as it brings a 1440p screen

Will probably go for a Note 4 next.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy S4

I'm not too keen on phones that are bigger than the S4. 5 inches is what I'm comfortable with. I feel that the S series need some serious innovation if they want to impress potential buyers.

Maybe they can work on revamping touchwiz interface and make a lighter version so that it will not make the phone lag even when it has the latest processor. Also the battery size can be improved, if technology allows.

I will probably keep holding on to my S4 or change to a different brand when my contract expires, if samsung doesn't come up with anything good.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Nope, I'm off to the Galaxy Note series after my S4, will get the Note 4 on launch.
    Samsung GALAXY S 4 32GB Exynos Octa Black Mist
    Samsung GALAXY S II 16GB Ceramic White
    Apple iPad4 WiFi+3G/LTE 16GB

Yes.

I am pretty content with my Galaxy S4 and iPad 3 , Both are working awesome.So , I won't be upgrading anytime soon.
    If Galaxy series offers removable battery , SD-slot , AMOLED display and great functionality , I will stay.
    I don't give a flying **** about design as long as the phone offers nice functionality.

If not , I will go for an iPhone and Nexus 7 combo.

Global Posts
    504 Global Posts

I've seen the S5 and it's just too big. I've had the S3 and currently have the S4. It is fine and it still works well for me. Have had it just under a year but - I'm bored! Defecting to the the iPhone 4S. The last iPhone I had was the 3G series and it was great at internetting but at making / receiving calls/ texts it was rubbish! Might have been the rubbish Vodafone network. However I'll play with the 4S till my contract runs out. Only another 15 months to go!!

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

I think I'm going to keep my S4 for all the 2014, I don't feel so much impressed with the S5. I'll also wait for full Cyanogen support for the exynos variant for the S4 (which is progressing) so I won't be bored or wait for further updates to the TW like the S5. There's a lot of road ahead yet, no rush.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Yes, the S4 is my first Android phone and I could not be happier.

I love my S4. I'll probably be able to get the Galaxy S5 for free when my contract is up in January of 2016.

Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Perhaps the feature I like the most of the S5 is the water resistant, I go a lot to the beach, other than that I also love my S4.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

If they stop putting all the 'sambloat' and focus on providing a good user experience then maybe yes otherwise a big no

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk