Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HELP!! Custom Unlock?? What does it mean

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has ever had this happen.... I have a Samung galaxy S4, I bought new from verizon, I have not had it a year yet. Never had any problems. Great phone. On 4/19/14 I was having trouble with the 4G and restarted my phone a few times. Did not really help. So I took the battery out, (did not turn off the phone first) and place it back in. Still not much help with 4G. I guess I did this about 3x in a hours time. and I guess it was one time to many, the last time my phone came on it said Samsung, custome unlock. An from there on, I had NO use of my phone. I never returned to turning on, just would go to the white Verizon screen and never turn on.

I have NEVER tried to root my phone and always thought I was careful as to what I downloaded. I called verzion and spoke to one of the tech's who said he had never heard of that before. He suggested I do a factory reset, which I had already tried with no luck. He said I had to go to my local Verizon store, which I did the next day and they guy there had no idea what was wrong or why it did this.

I had to be sent a new phone. I am still confused as to what happened and why. I don't what it to happen again an as I have no idea why, I can't say it will not. So I was wondering if anyone has had this problem and what causes it so it does not happen again to my new phone.
    Thanks
    Robin

Global Posts
    954 Global Posts

Default Re: HELP!! Custom Unlock?? What does it mean

Quote Originally Posted by grinchy1 View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone has ever had this happen.... I have a Samung galaxy S4, I bought new from verizon, I have not had it a year yet. Never had any problems. Great phone. On 4/19/14 I was having trouble with the 4G and restarted my phone a few times. Did not really help. So I took the battery out, (did not turn off the phone first) and place it back in. Still not much help with 4G. I guess I did this about 3x in a hours time. and I guess it was one time to many, the last time my phone came on it said Samsung, custome unlock. An from there on, I had NO use of my phone. I never returned to turning on, just would go to the white Verizon screen and never turn on.

I have NEVER tried to root my phone and always thought I was careful as to what I downloaded. I called verzion and spoke to one of the tech's who said he had never heard of that before. He suggested I do a factory reset, which I had already tried with no luck. He said I had to go to my local Verizon store, which I did the next day and they guy there had no idea what was wrong or why it did this.

I had to be sent a new phone. I am still confused as to what happened and why. I don't what it to happen again an as I have no idea why, I can't say it will not. So I was wondering if anyone has had this problem and what causes it so it does not happen again to my new phone.
    Thanks
    Robin
    Can't say I have ever heard of that either. You should call 1-800-SAMSUNG and explained the symptoms and see if they can figure it out.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---
    Thanked by: