Over the last week or so I've been getting spammed by adware just showing up when ever I unlock my device. The ads vary but seem to be mostly "Congratulations Samsung user you have won a Galaxy S5", Mobivillage or Gamifive based. Before anyone suggests try lookout ad detector or air push. I've tried both of these apps and neither have found the ads. I've also tried "AVG" and the likes.
Another way I have tried is searching using some of the terms used in the ads through "My files" and still no avail.
I have also uninstalled all apps that were installed just before the issues began.
Also since this has been happening my phone screen goes black and the only way to get it back is to remove the battery and put it back in.
This is my final call for help before I resort to a factory reset.
Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk
- 04-23-2014, 04:38 AM #2
- 04-23-2014, 06:18 AM #4
- 04-23-2014, 01:11 PM #6
Re: Adware Help!
Have you tried clearing system cache? Hold power on button with volume up and home button at the same time. Release power only when phone vibrates. Be patient while holding down the other two buttons till the little Android man comes up. then scroll down using the volume up volume down button until you see wife cash and enter it in with the power button. restart phone and see if that cures it
Posted via Android Central App
- By grinchy1 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 09-24-2015, 09:03 PM
- By HapyyGoku in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 13Last Post: 04-25-2014, 05:24 PM
- By machzk in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 04-23-2014, 05:16 PM
- By PsychDoc in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 2Last Post: 04-23-2014, 06:09 AM
- By AlexShterev in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 04-22-2014, 02:42 PM