Galaxy S4 email question.

fjhdasioufhsae

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
With my iPhone 4 I used to have, If I had any new emails, I'd get a notification which I'd open up and view. If I'd already read one of these emails before hand from somewhere else, like my pc, it would know this and not give me the notification in the first place. But using my Galaxy S4, I get a new email notification even if I've already read them on my pc. It's like the 'email' app on the Galaxy isn't synced with my Outlook email account properly. Like my iPhone 4 was. Is there any way to change this?

Thanks.

Also they are still listed as 'new' emails, and I have to tap on them all to have 'read' them. When I already had. I check my email every day and this is quite annoying.

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
1st would be to ensure the email account on the S4 is setup to "match" the PC Both should be POP3 or IMAP

Using IMAP for both devices solves the sync and notifications. If you are stuck with a POP3 on the PC, you will need to change the server settings in the Mailer on the PC

fjhdasioufhsae

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
1st would be to ensure the email account on the S4 is setup to "match" the PC Both should be POP3 or IMAP

Using IMAP for both devices solves the sync and notifications. If you are stuck with a POP3 on the PC, you will need to change the server settings in the Mailer on the PC

Okay, I went into the settings on my Outlook account and all I could find is to do with POP, could you please tell me how to change the server settings in the mailer to MAP?

Last edited:

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
  1. 1.Find out whether your ISP support IMAP for Outlook. If yes proceed to 2
  2. 2. Back up your Outlook to. pst file on the PC
  3. 3. Select "accounts" from tools in Outlook, add a new account using manual setup and select the IMAP option. Follow the screen instructions. Set the server to leave a copy of messages on the server.
Note Outlook may require that you delete your "old" account first. Hencecthe backup to recover data