Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Default S Health Update on S4

I bought the gear fit 2 weeks ago. S Health is supposed to interact with the fitness band but I have version 2.5.4.066 on my s4. Checking for updates through the app states it is the latest version. I know it isn't because it will only look for the original gear watch not the gear FIT.I called Samsung 3 times and got absolutely nothing from them. I looked online and found 7 new updates on Aptoid with the latest version being 3.1.0.0020. This version is not available through samsung apps or Google play store. I tried downloading it but it states I need to update health services on my phone. I can't find that anywhere and feel like I've looked everywhere possible so I have to revert back to the original version. My phone is an ATT S4 running 4.4.2 Kit Kat which I updated the day I bought the Gear Fit.

Any advice would be better than what I've heard from Samsung.

Posted via Android Central App

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Android Central App

Default Re: S Health Update on S4

You have to install the apk for both S Health and the Health Service. Both apk's can be found on XDA here- xda-developers - View Single Post - [APP] S Note, Watch ON, S5 Message,S5 FileManager, Calendar and more from S5
    Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. -Buddha-
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Couldn't find health services. Thanks for the link. I'm up and running now.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

All was good. After setting everything up it linked with my gear fit and seemed to be working. Unfortunately every time it closes it loses everything including all profile and recorded data. Makes it kind of useless again. Suggestions? Tried back up and restore and it still resets everything.

Updated my S4 to KitKat 4.4.2 and the S Health to 3.1. However now it seems all the Tanita Scales are not in the "Compatible Accessories " list any more. I had the Tanita BC1000 connected previously. Any ideas anyone before I convert back to the old version.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Still no luck for me. Worked for almost a full day and then resets itself to start up screen randomly when opened and dumps all my data. Restore doesn't work either.