Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung warranty outside the US - Verizon phone

Hello all,

I'm just wondering about International warranty for Verizon Samsung phones. I do spend a substantial part of the year in Europe and I'm wondering if Samsung will honor the warranty of a Verizon phone purchased in the US directly from Verizon. Has anybody had any experience getting their phone serviced in Europe?

I am also thinking that if I want to sell my phone in Europe I want to be able to assure the buyer that there is warranty.

Default Re: Samsung warranty outside the US - Verizon phone

Quote Originally Posted by xxtraloud View Post
    Hello all,

I'm just wondering about International warranty for Verizon Samsung phones. I do spend a substantial part of the year in Europe and I'm wondering if Samsung will honor the warranty of a Verizon phone purchased in the US directly from Verizon. Has anybody had any experience getting their phone serviced in Europe?

I am also thinking that if I want to sell my phone in Europe I want to be able to assure the buyer that there is warranty.

From what I have read, they will honor the warranty, but you will have to send it back to Samsung USA. Samsung in other regions won't honor warranty.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks for the reply!
    do you know if other companies honor international warranty, like Motorola or Sony?

Quote Originally Posted by xxtraloud View Post
    thanks for the reply!
    do you know if other companies honor international warranty, like Motorola or Sony?

I don't believe so.