Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default MTP is total garbage! Can't transfer photos to computer

I've spent the past hour trying to get a few photos to my computer. It has basically worked 1/10 times for me since I got the phone. When I tried transferring a large file from another Windows 7 computer the file explorer kept freezing every time, when it didn't: the transfer never started. Eventually the file just disappeared.

Another thing, when I accidently removed some photos I couldnt use any recovery programs because of MTP. Why change from USB mass storage which worked perfectly to MTP? How is it even acceptable to release a phone with a garbage protocol like this?

So anyway, here's a few cool errors (see attachments)

As you can see I've tried using both Kies3 and windows 8.1 to do it directly, and nothing works!

Is using Dropbox the only way to move files between phone and PC?

Last time I'm getting a Samsung, back to HTC next time
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MTP is total garbage! Can't transfer photos to computer-capture4.png   MTP is total garbage! Can't transfer photos to computer-capture.png   MTP is total garbage! Can't transfer photos to computer-capture2.jpg   MTP is total garbage! Can't transfer photos to computer-capture3.jpg  

Global Posts
    32,265 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: MTP is total garbage! Can't transfer photos to computer

Welcome to the forums.
    When you log in your phone to your PC, you should get a notification at the Status Bar. Pull the Notification Shade down and tap on the notification. You then should get options to change from MTP to PTP. Try that.