Can Apple Headphones work on Galaxy S4?

Jayson Jiang

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I just made my switch from iphone to galaxy s4 a few days ago, when i plug in the apple headphone to my new phone, I found out the the buttons didn't work. The pause and play button work only on some apps, but the volume button didn't work at all. I want to ask if anyone on the forum know a way to make the headphone button work. I dont mind buying apps or rooting the phone if needed. Please help, i really like the design of the iphone headphone.

Posted via Android Central App

Jayson Jiang

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
So there is NO way that the buttons could work? Can't there be atleast a way to fix the center button?
I also have beats studio, the box said the buttons should work, but the same problem applies. Why is that?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you read through that thread I linked? There were a couple of possible solutions there, but they don't seem that simple.

Cyyto

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
They do work, I have tried them. The only problem is that the remote control will not work as it is proprietary to Apple products.

androidcentral8450

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
So there is NO way that the buttons could work? Can't there be atleast a way to fix the center button?
I also have beats studio, the box said the buttons should work, but the same problem applies. Why is that?

If I may add my two cents. As B. Diddy pointed out, "Designed for Apple products" means exactly that. I have Bose AE2i - which are "designed for Apple products." When I used it on my old Droid Incredible, the only thing that worked was the middle button (pause/play music and pick up/end calls). When I use the same headphones with my GS4, the same applies but now I can skip to the next song - but that is it. It sucks but that's the way it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995