Wi-Fi AND 4G Icon Showing at Same Time?

spotnjack

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Just tested mine and got about 21Mbps download and the American upload on my Fios.

Sent from my SCH-i545

Yep, all of the other devices in my house are fine. See my response above to Murph5150. I did play around with the channel selection on my router and that helped.

tlo12duro

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Speaking of bugs... do any of you know what the hell a bug report means? It keeps coming up in my notification bar that a bug report has logged. Not sure if I should factory reset my phone again and start from scratch. If someone knows anything about this.. Please help!!!

Posted via Android Central App

smahon

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Something is holding the 4G open. At the moment, my icon is *not* greyed out, full bars with activity on Wi-Fi, and I still see an occasional 4G down arrow light up. Rebooting the phone starts with 4G, connects to Wi-Fi and now the 4G icon *is* greyed out.

Pat Sol

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi THere
The 4G and Wifi are connected at the same time because a switch in wifi settings is turned on called : Auto Connect". It switches network from wifi to 4G
to enable a steady balance in connectivity. If you want to be on only one connectivity at a time turn it off and you will be connected to either when you switch on your wifi. Hope this helpful.:D

gospodinjuha

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
So I'm on Wi-Fi, full signal, and my phone is showing I'm on 4G as well. I just updated to KitKat yesterday. Possible KitKat bug?

If it's grey, it's not on. However, mine was always white while on wifi, so I shut off callerID app by Verizon and the 4G icon immediately turned grey into the off position. I won't even speculate why BIG Red does this, but I suppose it could be a "bug" too.

Sheryl L

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I received an "invitation" from Verizon to use Caller ID. I opted out; however, they offered caller pictures free and I accepted. I then noticed that I was having the same issue as you. I went back to Verizon Caller ID and terminated the whole "app." This solved the problem for me.

Sandy Canetti

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I found this searching for answers, since I noticed the same problem on my new S6. At home last night, noticed that both WiFi and 4G were showing. When I set up the phone, having upgraded from an S3, I was never asked for the password to my home network, so I wasn't sure how it was connecting. I turned off mobile data to test and I was indeed connected to my network. When I turned mobile data back on, both WiFi and 4G showed again. I have to admit, I didn't notice whether or not the 4G was grayed out (I thought I saw activity, but now I'm not so sure and will have to check next time I connect to my WiFi).

LeiLei72

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I was having this issue recently and did some research and couldn't find any solution.

Until today, i was playing around in the options and found out that "Download booster" is on. The moment i turned it off, the grayed out 4G LTE icon is gone. btw, i'm on wifi. It must have been turned on accidentally somehow.

you can try to disable this option.

jecilop

May 18, 2010
Visit site
For anyone else who gets this problem as I just encountered on a "new' phone with KitKat...it's the CallerName ID app bloatware from Verizon causing the 4G icon to show while the wifi shows. I got the answer elsewhere and am sharing here. Drag or choose App Info for that one and Turn Off.
If you root and freeze the app, the effect is the same. Icon went away during wifi use.

Surfandsandsiesta

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Yes. I do. In the past year I have never gone over 2GB data and in fact rarely use more than 1GB. About a month ago I went over 2 and at the same time I noticed my 4G was lit up next to my wi-fi icon and was quite often. I don't think it is a coincidence. I believe I am using data even though I am rarely away from my wi-fi. I am not savy with data usage, 4G, etc so this is certainly not an expert opinion. Just a guess based on my own observation.
I would appreciate any help with why this is happening, also.

JannyMaha

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
So I'm on Wi-Fi, full signal, and my phone is showing I'm on 4G as well. I just updated to KitKat yesterday. Possible KitKat bug?

Been feeling this too lately. Samsung Note 5. Just wondering if there's a fix?

Update: I went to my personal computer settings and turned off Automatic proxy settings. 4G immediately disappeared on my cell. Runs smoother too! Not sure what I may have screwed up but I'm guessing I'll find out soon if I did.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781