Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By trd 4rnr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Locking Volume

- Samsung GS4
    - Android Version 4.3
    - Baseband Version I545VRUEMJ7
    - Kernel Version 3.4.0
    - Build Number JSS15J.I545VRUEMJ7
    - Custom root

I absolutely love my S4! That being said, there is two "flaws" that really annoy me - no way to natively lock the volume and the volume dropping about 33% when the headphone cable is removed (whether intentionally or unintentionally).

Does anyone know anything (whether native within the phone or via a third party app) that can resolve these two issues? I tested Precise but, although an excellent app, is way more than what I need. The one caveat I have is, since my phone is rooted, I would prefer not to upgrade the software or perform a system reset. Any assistance is appreciated.

Default Re: Locking Volume

Thanked by:
    androidcentral8450 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Flawless!!! Thank you! Just for everyone's reference, you can still "technically" change the volume with the phone's up/down buttons. However, the app immediately adjusts the volume to the predetermined level. Absolutely exactly what I needed!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

As a side benefit, it appears this app also bypasses that ridiculous volume level message as well!! Thank you very much, trd 4rnr!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I thing I noticed, and maybe I have just overlooked this feature, there is no option to start this app on device startup. Is that a feature within the paid version?

Do you mean open on device startup?
    It is active after a restart on my S4 (I do have the paid version)
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by trd 4rnr View Post
    Do you mean open on device startup? It is active after a restart on my S4 (I do have the paid version)
    Shoot. What's $.99? I'm gonna get the paid version today. Thanks again.

If you have any problems with it down the road, you should totally check out Smart Volume Control+. I've been using it for quite some time now and it works wonders and then some. It's a bit more in price at $2.99, but it has much more features. I haven't had a single problem with. I figured I'd mention it in case you have any future problems with the other one.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by RockoB8 View Post
    If you have any problems with it down the road, you should totally check out Smart Volume Control+...I figured I'd mention it in case you have any future problems with the other one.
    Much appreciated, RockoB8. I will keep that in mind.