Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S4 screen lock disabled by administrator, encription policy or credential storage?

I am looking for some help, I have recently purchased a Galaxy S4 everything seems ok with it but I can't change the screen lock from swipe. All of the options are greyed out and I can't select them. I have already tried unchecking the device administrators and resetting the security credentials but this hasn't helped. I have also tried restoring factory settings but still nothing, I would be grateful I anyone could give me some help. Thanks.

Default Re: S4 screen lock disabled by administrator, encription policy or credential storage?

Quote Originally Posted by Heather Ward3 View Post
    I am looking for some help, I have recently purchased a Galaxy S4 everything seems ok with it but I can't change the screen lock from swipe. All of the options are greyed out and I can't select them. I have already tried unchecking the device administrators and resetting the security credentials but this hasn't helped. I have also tried restoring factory settings but still nothing, I would be grateful I anyone could give me some help. Thanks.
    I'm just going to throw this out there. Did you purchase this phone second-hand? If that is the case, it seems like the previous owner may have had this phone connected to his or her company's mobile device policy. Depending on how that company set up the policy, restricting screen lock is absolutely plausible.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: S4 screen lock disabled by administrator, encription policy or credential storage?

The phone was supposedly brand new from a bidding website but I'm starting to doubt it now. Is there any way to reset or get around these settings?

Wipe and factory reset should have taken care of it. I would recommend following the Master Reset options posed by this site:

How To Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S 4 & Wipe Data

If this does not work for you, it might be in your best interest to contact the seller.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather Ward3 View Post
    The phone was supposedly brand new from a bidding website but I'm starting to doubt it now. Is there any way to reset or get around these settings?
    This may be too late but, since you have not updated this thread, here is another suggestion. From another thread with the similar situation, it was suggested to decrypt the SD card. Here is the link for your reference:

[GALAXY S4] Help with 'disabled by administrator encryption policy, or credential storage'