Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Custom os warning and problem with volume key

Hi the other day the volume button started to mute involuntary and if I text the size would increase/decrease. I have tried to reboot it and it comes up with a custom os warning. I'm not sure if there is a problem with the volume button, any ideas?

Thumbs up Re: Custom os warning and problem with volume key

Hi, I had the same problem with my S4. Whenever the phone goes off and I try to turn it back on the annoying 'Warning' Custom os comes on and I couldn't turn my phone on.

I read a few articles and discovered that it has to do with your volume button. I dropped my phone a few days ago and read that if the volume button is stuck that this happens. So I went to the kitchen and go a sharp knife, put the blade to the side of the volume button and pulled it up on both ends ever so slightly, to my amazement, the phone turned on!!! (make sure its plugged in because whilst that warning is on the phone doesn't charge)

Now I have to go and get my volume button looked at because it is a stuck volume key that causes this. It must be a secret sequence that the phone companies use to change an os, not a virus.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by TeaToxTime_com; 07-16-2014 at 08:07 PM. Reason: additional info

Default Re: Custom os warning and problem with volume key

Thanks but my volume button is not stuck it seems to lower the volume by it self. is there a way to lock the volume and then unlock the volume when need too do so

Default Re: Custom os warning and problem with volume key

I have had erratic changes on volume with my earbuds plugged in. It was a bad headset (the headset has its own volume keys and can send volume change signals to phone)