- 6 Posts
Custom os warning and problem with volume key
Hi the other day the volume button started to mute involuntary and if I text the size would increase/decrease. I have tried to reboot it and it comes up with a custom os warning. I'm not sure if there is a problem with the volume button, any ideas?
- 07-16-2014, 07:02 PM #2
- 2 Posts
Re: Custom os warning and problem with volume key
Hi, I had the same problem with my S4. Whenever the phone goes off and I try to turn it back on the annoying 'Warning' Custom os comes on and I couldn't turn my phone on.
I read a few articles and discovered that it has to do with your volume button. I dropped my phone a few days ago and read that if the volume button is stuck that this happens. So I went to the kitchen and go a sharp knife, put the blade to the side of the volume button and pulled it up on both ends ever so slightly, to my amazement, the phone turned on!!! (make sure its plugged in because whilst that warning is on the phone doesn't charge)
Now I have to go and get my volume button looked at because it is a stuck volume key that causes this. It must be a secret sequence that the phone companies use to change an os, not a virus.
Hope that helps.
- 07-16-2014, 09:27 PM #3
- 07-18-2014, 08:59 AM #4
- 05-19-2015, 09:51 AM #5
- 05-19-2015, 02:54 PM #6
- By fairfieldwizard in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2Replies: 6Last Post: 09-04-2014, 01:44 AM
- By sparkybutch in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 2Last Post: 06-19-2014, 08:15 AM
- By dan smartt in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 1Last Post: 05-21-2014, 04:38 PM
- By Ted Zoller in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 04-30-2014, 01:08 PM
- By Barry Berry in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 ActiveReplies: 1Last Post: 04-28-2014, 03:04 PM