- 1,063 Posts
Stopping background apps from starting?
I've tried Startup manager free, but I still have all this mess starting up on boot. For example, I've said DO NOT start Facebook on boot. But, when I check running apps, there is the Facebook hanging out.
Fresh boot says about 988 mgs running. That's ludicrous and explains the battery drain.
Is there any way,
that we can permanently shut down crap we don't want running on boot?
An amazing S4
- 05-01-2014, 08:22 PM #2
- 113 Posts
Re: Stopping background apps from starting?
Without rooting, not that I know of.
If you ever decide to root you have many options to make an app behave how you want.
"Greenify" will hibernate apps that would otherwise be running in the background until you actually open them (very useful, I had no idea Cut The Rope was ALWAYS running from startup).
Also, "Advanced Permission Manager" let's you disable specific permissions of apps (ie: I don't want Facebook sending sms without my permission, so APM has it disabled).
Other than that, the only thing you can do w/o root is just uninstall the offending app.
Posted via Android Central App
- By preppystud in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 4Last Post: 04-29-2014, 09:31 PM
- By jwalker1239 in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 5Last Post: 04-29-2014, 03:57 PM
- By salrandazzo in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 04-29-2014, 11:54 AM
- By Davyo in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 3Last Post: 04-29-2014, 07:26 AM
- By Mahmoud Shaltout in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 0Last Post: 04-29-2014, 05:28 AM