S4 downloading files w/o my permission!

graysonk95

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I can suggest then is that you perform a factory reset :-\
Back up your personal data first.

I was hoping I didn't have to do that. I've put so much time into settings and stuff on this phone and Kies doesn't even work anymore, so I'd lose it all.
I'm probably just going to deal with the notification. It's not worth wasting that much time to fix. :/

Posted via Android Central App

graysonk95

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Believe it or not I was actually able to solve the problem without doing anything major.

I had "App Cache Cleaner" installed and just recently set it to auto clear every few hours to see if it could potentially replace "Memory Booster" which doesn't offer an auto clear in its free version. While I don't know which app kept trying to download the videos, disabling the automatic cache clear solved the issue.

Thanks for troubleshooting with me guys!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Believe it or not I was actually able to solve the problem without doing anything major.

I had "App Cache Cleaner" installed and just recently set it to auto clear every few hours to see if it could potentially replace "Memory Booster" which doesn't offer an auto clear in its free version. While I don't know which app kept trying to download the videos, disabling the automatic cache clear solved the issue.

Thanks for troubleshooting with me guys!

Awesome! Glad you got it fixed :)
See you around the forums

Sent from my Galaxy S4

graysonk95

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I guess I jinxed myself, 6 Downloads is back again.
I've uninstalled all of my browsers (turned off Chrome and Internet too), uninstalled any apps that can download video, disabled Google Play, then powered off and wiped the cache partition.
Guess what is the first thing to pop up when the UI loads?
Yup, 6 Downloads.

Unless anyone else has any ideas I'm going to factory reset later today after I backup everything.

graysonk95

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I decided against a factory reset.
It's just too much work when disabling Download Manager works as a temporary fix.
I think the problem might be related to my SD card. It has less than 300mb of space left, so I guess that could be why the downloads won't actually start.
The system is downloading these files, so there's nothing I can do to stop them.

I ordered a nice 64GB card, so when it gets here we'll see if the downloads will actually start, finish, then never come back again. *fingers crossed*

graysonk95

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
The problem seems to be solved. *knock on wood*
It's been three days with my new 64GB card and Download Manager enabled and the videos have not come back! Google Play is now updating apps automatically again and doesn't cause the videos to come back when it does.
I have no idea why the SD card had anything to do with this but I won't question it.

Tiera Kennedy

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
I have no freaking idea what has happened here. Somehow my app store has said I have somehow installed several "vibration" and "vibrator" apps without my permission. It says I installed them a couple days ago at two different times! I know I didn't install them although my 3 year old son does play on my phone a lot.. but I dont see how he could have possibly done something like that. My boyfriend thinks I'm downloading some fu***** vibrators from an app now. Does ANYONE know of this happening before or how it could have happened period???

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power