Display broken, please help!!

xanderthevampire

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I fell over with my galaxy S4 in my pocket. It was out of battery but it looked ok so I didn't think anything of it. When I turned it on, however, a lot of the display is just black and there are coloured bars and stuff all over it. Screen isn't cracked or anything. Does anyone know how I would go about getting it repaired? Would it need an entire new touchscreen? If you could tell me how much you reckon it would cost to fix it, (in ?'s) that'd be handy too. Thanks.

androidcentral8450

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
When I turned it on, however, a lot of the display is just black and there are coloured bars and stuff all over it. Screen isn't cracked or anything.

Hi Xander. I cannot tell you specifically what is wrong but it seems like the LCD needs to be replaced. I recently spent $250 (148 ?) to get both the screen and LCD replaced on my GS4. The company I used fixed the phone in 30 minutes. Your mileage will vary greatly depending on the reputation of the repair companies in your area and the extent of the damage to the phone. Good luck.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I fell over with my galaxy S4 in my pocket. It was out of battery but it looked ok so I didn't think anything of it. When I turned it on, however, a lot of the display is just black and there are coloured bars and stuff all over it. Screen isn't cracked or anything. Does anyone know how I would go about getting it repaired? Would it need an entire new touchscreen? If you could tell me how much you reckon it would cost to fix it, (in ?'s) that'd be handy too. Thanks.

Take it to an Authorized Samsung Repairer to get a quote. And invest in a $40 case so the next time you fall over and smash your phone you won't be out $200 or MORE for not having a case in the first place.