Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't use S4 as a storage disk when connecting through USB.

I used to be able to connect my S4 to my PC with the charging USB cable and it would recognize the phone and I would go to My PC and get in my phone and transfer files in and out of my phone. I can't do that anymore. PC does recognize the phone, I can see the USB icon on the notification panel, but when I go to My PC there is nothing there.

My current Android version is 4.4.2. I tried using the *#0808# code and tried several different options and none worked. I tried using Samsung Kies and nothing.
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Can't use S4 as a storage disk when connecting through USB.

Quote Originally Posted by dickharper View Post
    I used to be able to connect my S4 to my PC with the charging USB cable and it would recognize the phone and I would go to My PC and get in my phone and transfer files in and out of my phone. I can't do that anymore. PC does recognize the phone, I can see the USB icon on the notification panel, but when I go to My PC there is nothing there.

My current Android version is 4.4.2. I tried using the *#0808# code and tried several different options and none worked. I tried using Samsung Kies and nothing.
    Well, while connecting your device to the PC a notification must be popping up on your device asking for the how to use the device i.e. either using the MTP (for using it with kies) or using it as camera (for using it like a USB device). I will say try changing it to use as the MTP device (for using it with Kies), if its still on the MTP try restarting your device !! if still that doesn't works try connecting your device using the different USB cable.

Sometimes restarting the phone connected to the pc may do the trick.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I said I already tried the different methods, I tried MTP, I tried using it as camera. I restarted my phone countless amount of times. Nothing has worked. Kies wont recognize the phone either.