Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Knox.

So, I feel that I understand enough of Knox to know what's up. 0x0 means Knox was not tripped, and 0x1 means Knox was tripped by a firmware that's not signed by Samsung.

If I go into Download Mode (Power + Home + Volume Down), and then press volume up when the warning shows, the text in the upper left corner says:

ODIN MODE
    PRODUCT NAME: GT-I9500
    CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
    SYSTEM STATUS: Official
    KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0
    RP SWREV: A3

I have flashed the official KitKat 4.4.2 update from Sammobile's website since South Africa's carriers are pretty much pathetic when it comes to pushing updates, I haven't tried rooting either as my S4 is only 3 months old, but for some reason I can go into the System Files with ES File Explorer (don't I need root for that?).

Any info on this would be great because my Knox warranty should be 0x0/1, and not just 0.
    Sent from my Exynos Powered S4.

Global Posts
    2,449 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock faux123

Default Re: Knox.

Quote Originally Posted by TowersVault View Post
    So, I feel that I understand enough of Knox to know what's up. 0x0 means Knox was not tripped, and 0x1 means Knox was tripped by a firmware that's not signed by Samsung.

If I go into Download Mode (Power + Home + Volume Down), and then press volume up when the warning shows, the text in the upper left corner says:

ODIN MODE
    PRODUCT NAME: GT-I9500
    CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
    SYSTEM STATUS: Official
    KNOX WARRANTY VOID: 0
    RP SWREV: A3

I have flashed the official KitKat 4.4.2 update from Sammobile's website since South Africa's carriers are pretty much pathetic when it comes to pushing updates, I haven't tried rooting either as my S4 is only 3 months old, but for some reason I can go into the System Files with ES File Explorer (don't I need root for that?).

Any info on this would be great because my Knox warranty should be 0x0/1, and not just 0.
    No, you don't need root for that. Everything looks fine for your information.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Pretty normal to me too, I flashed two weeks ago to official 4.4.2 using Odin and that message is normal. I'm very happy with official Kit Kat, no problems until now.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

i want to install 4.3 on GTi9500 International
    i tried through Odin.there is an message Current Binary Custom, System Binary Custom Knox Warrenty viod 1 and RP SWAEV A3....... my mobile heats up fast and message pops out saying insert valid sim and restart............

How can i resolve the problem... please help

- - - Updated - - -

i want to install 4.3 on GTi9500 International
    i tried through Odin.there is an message Current Binary Custom, System Binary Custom Knox Warrenty viod 1 and RP SWAEV A3....... my mobile heats up fast and message pops out saying insert valid sim and restart............

How can i resolve the problem... please help