Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Email failing to sign in

How is this bug not fixed yet. Come on Google, get to it. Never have this issue on iOS or Windows

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    954 Global Posts

Default Re: Email failing to sign in

Quote Originally Posted by Edible Walrus View Post
    How is this bug not fixed yet. Come on Google, get to it. Never have this issue on iOS or Windows

Not sure what you are talking about. I have not had, nor am I having any issues with signing into my gmail or my other email accounts using the gmail app and the default app. Google had some SYNC issues for a short period. We are talking MINUTES. But that's it.
    Maybe you have the wrong password. Because there is no bug that I am aware of or experiencing. And based on the lack of replies to this thread, sounds like the majority would agree.

Perhaps if you are so found of an OS that is so proprietary, you should go back to your precious iPhone
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I've had, affecting all accounts sign in errors where it says failed to sign in stating the password has changed at server when it hasn't. My iPod and gaming rig stay signed in without issue, but the S4 sometimes freaks or and says can't sign in

I don't own an iPhone and to be fair this error doesn't happen too often, but it does happen more than on the other OS's. Coming from iOS and prefer droid over it, but I run in to more things that throw up random errors like this one
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

If i search android server password has been changed (the error it gives me) i get quite a few results, even some from here:
    Help - Samsung Galaxy S4 stock email messed up

Password won't have been changed though

It was so bad with my hotmail when I got the phone I had to use a round about way in the settings to get it to stay signed in

Global Posts
    954 Global Posts

If i search android server password has been changed (the error it gives me) i get quite a few results, even some from here:
    Help - Samsung Galaxy S4 stock email messed up

Password won't have been changed though

It was so bad with my hotmail when I got the phone I had to use a round about way in the settings to get it to stay signed in

I used Gmail. Not sure why ANYONE is still using Hotmail. I have never had an issue. I also use my domain email as well as my ISP provided email all 3 work flawless on my phone.
    What other providers are you using besides Hotmail? Is it possible you are blaming the wrong end, and may want to look at HOTMAIL for the issue?
    Also are you using your hotmail as POP3 or IMAP? If you are IMAP change it over to POP3 I have heard hotmail doens't like to work properly via IMAP.
    Telus Mobility
    ---
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Hotmail (now Windows Live) and Yahoo. University email uses 365. All of these predate me getting an Android device and at least one is needed for Xbox Live and other things. Been using those for years so I've seen no reason to change to Gmail yet

Global Posts
    954 Global Posts

Hotmail (now Windows Live) and Yahoo. University email uses 365. All of these predate me getting an Android device and at least one is needed for Xbox Live and other things. Been using those for years so I've seen no reason to change to Gmail yet

Not sure what to tell you. Mine works fine. All 3 different emails on 2 different apps. The default and the gmail app.
    Telus Mobility
    ---
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Fair enough. To be fair my issue doesn't happen that often, but the fact it happens was reason enough to ask as the other OSes haven't given me this problem

I'm having this issue every day, every time it checks for mail (about every hour or so).
    I get the notice the email sign-in has failed for my work email. The exchange server settings are all correct, and the password is right. Emails do even come through.

It's driving me nuts because it's making a chirping sound that I can't seem to make go away.

I have had my Galaxy S5 for a week and it's been doing it since I set it up. I know it's not the phone, because it was doing it on my SII as well, just sporadically.

Global Posts
    954 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonBrooke View Post
    I'm having this issue every day, every time it checks for mail (about every hour or so).
    I get the notice the email sign-in has failed for my work email. The exchange server settings are all correct, and the password is right. Emails do even come through.

It's driving me nuts because it's making a chirping sound that I can't seem to make go away.

I have had my Galaxy S5 for a week and it's been doing it since I set it up. I know it's not the phone, because it was doing it on my SII as well, just sporadically.
    Sounds server side.
    Telus Mobility
    ---

Does the same on my Xperia with Voda UK.

I'm having the same issue. Roughly every 2 weeks I start getting sign in failures on my corporate email account. When I call my corporate IT, they state my account has been locked. Never had the issue before when we were using Outlook mail, but we recently switched to 365 mail for store managers, so I suspect it has something to do with that. This weekend is the third time it's happened, so I know it's not a temporary "glitch". I'll be calling IT again this morning, if I get a resolution to the issue, I'll post it here.