Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By HoustonBrooke
  • 1 Post By photopaul65
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Email failing to sign in

    How is this bug not fixed yet. Come on Google, get to it. Never have this issue on iOS or Windows

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Email failing to sign in

    Quote Originally Posted by Edible Walrus View Post
    How is this bug not fixed yet. Come on Google, get to it. Never have this issue on iOS or Windows

    Posted via Android Central App
    Not sure what you are talking about. I have not had, nor am I having any issues with signing into my gmail or my other email accounts using the gmail app and the default app. Google had some SYNC issues for a short period. We are talking MINUTES. But that's it.
    Maybe you have the wrong password. Because there is no bug that I am aware of or experiencing. And based on the lack of replies to this thread, sounds like the majority would agree.

    Perhaps if you are so found of an OS that is so proprietary, you should go back to your precious iPhone
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default

    I've had, affecting all accounts sign in errors where it says failed to sign in stating the password has changed at server when it hasn't. My iPod and gaming rig stay signed in without issue, but the S4 sometimes freaks or and says can't sign in

    I don't own an iPhone and to be fair this error doesn't happen too often, but it does happen more than on the other OS's. Coming from iOS and prefer droid over it, but I run in to more things that throw up random errors like this one
    Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default

    If i search android server password has been changed (the error it gives me) i get quite a few results, even some from here:
    Help - Samsung Galaxy S4 stock email messed up

    Password won't have been changed though

    It was so bad with my hotmail when I got the phone I had to use a round about way in the settings to get it to stay signed in

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Email failing to sign in

    Quote Originally Posted by Edible Walrus View Post
    If i search android server password has been changed (the error it gives me) i get quite a few results, even some from here:
    Help - Samsung Galaxy S4 stock email messed up

    Password won't have been changed though

    It was so bad with my hotmail when I got the phone I had to use a round about way in the settings to get it to stay signed in

    Posted via Android Central App
    I used Gmail. Not sure why ANYONE is still using Hotmail. I have never had an issue. I also use my domain email as well as my ISP provided email all 3 work flawless on my phone.
    What other providers are you using besides Hotmail? Is it possible you are blaming the wrong end, and may want to look at HOTMAIL for the issue?
    Also are you using your hotmail as POP3 or IMAP? If you are IMAP change it over to POP3 I have heard hotmail doens't like to work properly via IMAP.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Email failing to sign in

    Hotmail (now Windows Live) and Yahoo. University email uses 365. All of these predate me getting an Android device and at least one is needed for Xbox Live and other things. Been using those for years so I've seen no reason to change to Gmail yet

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Email failing to sign in

    Quote Originally Posted by Edible Walrus View Post
    Hotmail (now Windows Live) and Yahoo. University email uses 365. All of these predate me getting an Android device and at least one is needed for Xbox Live and other things. Been using those for years so I've seen no reason to change to Gmail yet

    Posted via Android Central App
    Not sure what to tell you. Mine works fine. All 3 different emails on 2 different apps. The default and the gmail app.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Email failing to sign in

    Fair enough. To be fair my issue doesn't happen that often, but the fact it happens was reason enough to ask as the other OSes haven't given me this problem

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Email failing to sign in

    I'm having this issue every day, every time it checks for mail (about every hour or so).
    I get the notice the email sign-in has failed for my work email. The exchange server settings are all correct, and the password is right. Emails do even come through.

    It's driving me nuts because it's making a chirping sound that I can't seem to make go away.

    I have had my Galaxy S5 for a week and it's been doing it since I set it up. I know it's not the phone, because it was doing it on my SII as well, just sporadically.
    James Cox2 likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Email failing to sign in

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonBrooke View Post
    I'm having this issue every day, every time it checks for mail (about every hour or so).
    I get the notice the email sign-in has failed for my work email. The exchange server settings are all correct, and the password is right. Emails do even come through.

    It's driving me nuts because it's making a chirping sound that I can't seem to make go away.

    I have had my Galaxy S5 for a week and it's been doing it since I set it up. I know it's not the phone, because it was doing it on my SII as well, just sporadically.
    Sounds server side.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Email failing to sign in

    Does the same on my Xperia with Voda UK.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Email failing to sign in

    I'm having the same issue. Roughly every 2 weeks I start getting sign in failures on my corporate email account. When I call my corporate IT, they state my account has been locked. Never had the issue before when we were using Outlook mail, but we recently switched to 365 mail for store managers, so I suspect it has something to do with that. This weekend is the third time it's happened, so I know it's not a temporary "glitch". I'll be calling IT again this morning, if I get a resolution to the issue, I'll post it here.
    James Cox2 likes this.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Email failing to sign in

    This is a old topic but I was still having problems with my Galaxy s5 failing to sign into mail. The solution I found was delete email from phone, add it back and click the manual setup button. Change email sever from Imap to pop. I left the setting the default my phone pick and surprisingly they work... Also I should add that if you don't use the manual setup it uses android.imap.mail.yahoo.com , I tried deleting the " Android" part but still failed until I used manual setup.

    Hope this helps anyone still experiencing the problem
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Email failing to sign in

    Probably something to do with the fact that Gmail is a piece of garbage & hotmail is far superior. derp.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Email failing to sign in

    I keep having issues with one email account and tried changing the settings many times. Finally I deleted the account and created a new account. It works perfectly now!.
    If it is a gmail account the stock email app will set it up for you with very little information to input! Name, email address and password and it set the account up automatically in a couple seconds! Now it works great!
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Email failing to sign in

    I have a Galaxy s6 active. Been using the phone and email app for over 7 months now and I'm just now getting this issue. Happened yesterday. Signed me out, then when trying to sign back in told my the server password has changed when it never did. I logged into my email on the internet to verify this. Changed my password, then changed it back. That fixed the issue for a day. Now this morning the same issue has arisen. I'm not sure what the problem is, but it's definitely not something on my end. It's been working fine ever since I got the phone and randomly mid day, when I wasn't even on my phone the app stopped working for me. I checked for software updates just incase, to see if that was the problem. My phone is up to date on everything.

    Is there any way we can get this fixed? I've come accustomed to the convenience of checking my email, so this is annoying XD. #FirstWorldProblems
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Email failing to sign in

    I agree totally with you. I m having issues with my yahoo email working with the default email app (not the GMAIL specific with the mail and M, that is for gmail) my note 3 I had it for a bit happen but not as much. since lollipop, I have had to reset my password a few times, remove my email, reenter my mail. but every so often it dings saying sign-in failed, and it doesn't let me sign in even when I know my password is right. also other thing is I can still load new emails even with the sign-in failure. and its getting VERY annoying, so hoping that marshmallow fixes this issue.

    also I am using a yahoo email and have read everywhere that yahoo, Hotmail and other email non gmail have had issues with the phones derping sign-in failure. but it needs to be fixed, I cant keep changing my damn password every 3 days or so.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Email failing to sign in

    ya know ... I have the same issue with it constantly using my yahoo account and saying its failed to sign in over and over, after I do everything except factory reset my phone or tablet. I do not use my gmail account for everything since back when I had started my yahoo account GMAIL wasn't even a thought, it didn't exist. so your precious gmail isn't the problem the person is having with. its the regular email app in your list of apps, that has the word email underneath with a red@ symbol. it has constantly signed me out over and over even though I change my password, remove the count reset phone, then reenter the email and it goes through but burps and has a sign in failure 2 days later. I use my yahoo account because I don't deal with Hotmail deleting my account emails after 30days, I haven't had any issue with yahoo and honestly yahoo has been around and is more popular then Gmail will ever be.

    this second was in response to the ***** who thinks yahoo and Hotmail aren't used anymore. which I would have to say to that is false, because before gmail and whatnot, games required a email for sign in, set up, or creating accounts. most older games like wow, lineage ii. EQ2 or just xbox and other random games, people used Hotmail or yahoo and cannot change emails without opening new accounts and losing all their previous purchases. I have an old earthlink account that I closed to not being able to receive earthlink in my area I moved to. so my guild wars account cannot be changed to my yahoo. so for people who use Hotmail and yahoo its because we hold a lot of games, online and off that are tied to our yahoo and Hotmail accounts in which we are never able to change without losing, as written above, its not yahoo or hotmails fault or which ever email providers fault, its that the games themselves don't allow changing the email.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Email failing to sign in

    Quote Originally Posted by James Cox2 View Post
    ya know ... I have the same issue with it constantly using my yahoo account and saying its failed to sign in over and over, after I do everything except factory reset my phone or tablet. I do not use my gmail account for everything since back when I had started my yahoo account GMAIL wasn't even a thought, it didn't exist. so your precious gmail isn't the problem the person is having with. its the regular email app in your list of apps, that has the word email underneath with a red@ symbol. it has constantly signed me out over and over even though I change my password, remove the count reset phone, then reenter the email and it goes through but burps and has a sign in failure 2 days later. I use my yahoo account because I don't deal with Hotmail deleting my account emails after 30days, I haven't had any issue with yahoo and honestly yahoo has been around and is more popular then Gmail will ever be.

    this second was in response to the ***** who thinks yahoo and Hotmail aren't used anymore. which I would have to say to that is false, because before gmail and whatnot, games required a email for sign in, set up, or creating accounts. most older games like wow, lineage ii. EQ2 or just xbox and other random games, people used Hotmail or yahoo and cannot change emails without opening new accounts and losing all their previous purchases. I have an old earthlink account that I closed to not being able to receive earthlink in my area I moved to. so my guild wars account cannot be changed to my yahoo. so for people who use Hotmail and yahoo its because we hold a lot of games, online and off that are tied to our yahoo and Hotmail accounts in which we are never able to change without losing, as written above, its not yahoo or hotmails fault or which ever email providers fault, its that the games themselves don't allow changing the email.
    thank you, i use yahoo and hotmail and only my yahoo has this issue and i have too many games attached to both accounts. idk what to do to fix the email thing.... hold on, it randomly just signed itself in without prompting and accepted my password that it moments ago said was incorrect. ok then?

Similar Threads

  1. How to transfer data from a blackberry 10 to Galaxy S5?
    By baltamorales in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2016, 05:51 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-09-2014, 09:30 PM
  3. HTC EVO 4G LTE: Root after ruu update fails
    By Vader1111 in forum HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-06-2014, 08:59 AM
  4. Do you use your S5 to control your TV/HomeTheater?
    By bembol in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-04-2014, 06:31 AM
  5. GS5 keeps shutting itself off when not in use
    By Traviud in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-04-2014, 02:15 AM

Posting Permissions