Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default cant set up VPN

hello everyone, i cannot set up a VPN, WHEN prompt to confirm my Pin my S4 keeps asking me to confirm the pin and i cannot go through. Same as if i use pattern.

Does anyone knows what could be the problem?

Default Re: cant set up VPN

The VPN requires a totally separate pin than what you normally use for unlocking the device. And it will require that pin in addition to whatever normal unlocking process you follow whenever you restart the device. If you need the VPN, you may have to shut down and remove the battery for a while and then setup the VPN
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: cant set up VPN

It seems that removing the battery worked so thanks for that, few strange things usually happens
    1 if i turn off my phone when i put it back on it always reboot al least twice before it stays on, so now when i have removed the bettery and turned the phone back on the phone rebooted 3 times and then started to work normally

Also just now the phone started to update all my apps through samsung accounts

All these things started to happen after a software update couple of weeks ago

I am on 4.2.2