Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help wifi issues

So ive had galaxy for ATT for bit and now its telling me a need to update to download apps. But to do this it says i must be connected to wifi, but for some
    reason my phone will not connect to my wifi. but since im online with att network so i can surf web and such why cant i just download update using that?
    why is android as **** as apple now with the damn lockdowns, so i pay for internet,phone,wireless bill, but i cant download their update using it hhhmmm this
    is really pissing me off on a new level. can anyone help before i trash this phone for windows?

Default Re: Help wifi issues

Welcome to Android Central. Can you give us a few more details? Is the phone telling you that you need to update your system? Does it tell you what system update is pending? Devices may limit your ability to download system updates over mobile data, since those updates are often very large files, which can impact your data plan.

Does your phone work on other wifi networks besides your home wifi network? Review this guide and see if the tips help: [GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems

Try not to get too frustrated--we'll see if we can help as much as we can.
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Help wifi issues

Quote Originally Posted by allen silfies View Post
    So ive had galaxy for ATT for bit and now its telling me a need to update to download apps. But to do this it says i must be connected to wifi, but for some
    reason my phone will not connect to my wifi. but since im online with att network so i can surf web and such why cant i just download update using that?
    why is android as **** as apple now with the damn lockdowns, so i pay for internet,phone,wireless bill, but i cant download their update using it hhhmmm this
    is really pissing me off on a new level. can anyone help before i trash this phone for windows?
    Well, I am sure you can bypass the same by try going to the settings>system>about device>software update> uncheck the Wi-Fi only option in your device now the update via data connection is possible, but one more thing as system wan't you to connect you with the WiFi connection for updating, It means the size of update might be too large I'll say only move forward when you have I have subscribed for unlimited data plan because I am sure the doing this without subscribing for the unlimited data plan would ended up you in nothing more than a long list of bill.