Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problems sending MMS from Galaxy S4 to iPhone

No one has solved this problem yet that I can find. So here it is. When I download an image from the web (i.e. google, Facebook, etc) and try to send it to someone on an iPhone, they don't receive the photo. Instead, they receive an error that says "One or more of the messages components have been deleted by MMS Adaptation. Either the message was too large or the components were unsuitable for your handset." I don't have this problem when i take a picture/screen shot/ or record a video. This only occurs when i send a .gif or an image that I download. Does anyone have any solutions here? My friends can send me anything and I see them every times.

Default Re: Problems sending MMS from Galaxy S4 to iPhone

It is most likely that the MMS you're sending has a bigger file size than your carrier allows. For AT&T it's about 475KB and for T-Mobile it's 1MB per pic. So you can simply use some other messaging app such as Hangouts or Whatsapp to trade images.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

same thing occurs using hangouts...and Hangouts is no fun because it doesn't flash the screen like the reg SMS

I'm getting this issue on hangouts on my M8 when basic pictures are being sent to me from an iPhone. should an 8MP photo not come through? that seems kinda crazy...

I have the same exact issue. I have a Verizon moto x and am in a group message with a Verizon iPhone user and at&t iPhone user. Pics I download online normally can't be seen by them but pics I take with my phone show up fine. I can't get them to download hangouts and I checked and the pics I tried to send day they are 18kb and 42kb. There's no way those are too large