So my S4 shut down today and it won't turn on again. I didn't drop it or do anything, I was just on facebook and then I locked the screen. It froze and then shut down. Tried turning it back on, didn't work. Took the battery out and put it back it, didn't work. Tried connect to a PC with it, didn't work. The PC recognized something connected to it but I couldn't access my phone. I tried switching the battery with my brothers S4 but it still didn't work . I tried also doing the volume up + power + home thing. Useless. I'm desperate now. Does anyone know what's wrong with it ?

I assume that it's a issue with the motherboard. The screen and Digitizer were working 100% fine just minutes before it shut down.

I'm going to a GSM service with it tomorrow but I just wanted to consult this forum first.
    05-06-2014 02:20 PM
    Welcome to Android Central, and boy, that sounds frustrating. What happened when you tried to boot into Recovery (i.e., the Vol Up/Power/Home thing)? Did anything happen? For reference, here's a support page with instructions on how to reach the Recovery menu: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 4 | T-Mobile Support

When you try to power on, does anything happen at all? Does the LED light go on, or do you feel a vibration? If you do notice anything like that, then it may be the screen that has failed. But if absolutely nothing happens, you're right, it may just be a catastrophic failure. Good luck!
    05-07-2014 03:39 AM
    Good Day. We have the same problem i already did the instruction you provide but it didn't work..
    02-06-2016 09:35 AM