charging cord

jbech145

May 7, 2014
Visit site
So I am currently using my original wall adapter for my s4 but the cable is for a note 2. It keeps telling me my phone is charging slow and that it will eventually ruin my battery and then does not allow me to charge from this cord at all. Any reasons why or what I should do?

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That is definitely odd as it should be the same cord pretty much. Do you have any others you could try? The cord may be faulty.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
So I am currently using my original wall adapter for my s4 but the cable is for a note 2. It keeps telling me my phone is charging slow and that it will eventually ruin my battery and then does not allow me to charge from this cord at all. Any reasons why or what I should do?

Posted via Android Central App

ANY MicroUSB cable should work the same. I use one from my old Blackberry, it's the wall adapter that controls the mAH. And even then your phone won't allow, i think it's over 2.1 no matter what anyway. So I am not sure HOW or WHY you would get that message.
I suggest like others have trying any other cable, and seeing if you get the same results, could be that actually wall adapter