Bigger Battery VS Power bank

Omer San Gabriel

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, i'm not that much of a heavy user in terms of using the phone but the real thing that is HUGELY draining my battery is the Mobile Data + Hotspot. Not all of my friends has Hotspot capable device/has data plan so when we hangout they always request me to turn on my mobile data and hotspot on so they can also check their social accounts etc.

So i just want to ask, for my usage as said above. What is more ideal to buy? A bigger battery which has that lumpy back or a power bank which is like another phone that you are carrying.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, i'm not that much of a heavy user in terms of using the phone but the real thing that is HUGELY draining my battery is the Mobile Data + Hotspot. Not all of my friends has Hotspot capable device/has data plan so when we hangout they always request me to turn on my mobile data and hotspot on so they can also check their social accounts etc.

So i just want to ask, for my usage as said above. What is more ideal to buy? A bigger battery which has that lumpy back or a power bank which is like another phone that you are carrying.

Personally I have the PowerBank. Not a fan of the larger battery, as I am very specific about the case I used and it won't fit. Also you can leave your powerbank in your car, glove box, whatever. And pull it when you need it. The bulky battery is ALWAYS just that, bulky!
Just my 2 cents!

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I recommend you just carry an extra battery or two with you.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

That's a pain in the *** if you have a case, especailly if you have something like an otterbox where you have to take off 2 layers to get to it each time

mykl376

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
I used an extended battery in my previous phone, a Droid Bionic, and it was nice to have the extra juice, but after I got my S4, I just didn't want to have that extra thickness and weight anymore. I would go with a powerbank and/or just a spare battery. If you get a spare battery, be sure to get a charger for it, that way you can charge it without having to use your phone as the charger.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke