- 1 Posts
As New Galaxy S4 I90505 says 'Custom'
I recently bought an S4 I90505 on eBay sold As New. The phone looks fine in A1 condition and everything works OK.
The problem is I cannot upgrade firmware as it says Your device has been modified. Software Updates are Not Available
It has the following device data:
Model number: GT-I19505
Android Version: 4.2.2
Baseband Version: I9505XXUAMDM
Kernel Version: 3.4.0
Fri Apr 12 17:00.35 KST 2013
Build Number: JDQ39 I90505XXUAMDM
SELinux Status: Permissive
Device Status: Custom
Current Firmware Version: PDA:MDM / PHONE:MDM / CSC:MDC (BTU)
Can anyone help me get this back to an unmodified state?
- 05-07-2014, 12:47 PM #2
- 61 Posts
Re: As New Galaxy S4 I90505 says 'Custom'
My suggestion, preform a master reset based on the instructions laid out here:
How To Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S 4 & Wipe Data
As far as I know, once a device is rooted, it will always have a "custom" Device Status. For example, I rooted a previous Android device under 4.1 and then upgrading the firmware to 4.3. I lost root but I never lost the "Custom (with an open lock)" on the splash screen. I have since re-rooted that device but that is besides the point. Good luck. Again, I am sure more senior members will respond shortly.
- 05-07-2014, 12:50 PM #3
- By jimbo1mcm in forum LG G3Replies: 20Last Post: 05-15-2014, 04:13 PM
- By mymooski1978 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1Replies: 2Last Post: 05-11-2014, 10:02 AM
- By jakeypride in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 28Last Post: 05-08-2014, 11:22 AM
- By sixx_gunner in forum IntroductionsReplies: 10Last Post: 05-08-2014, 01:06 AM
- By bbmjack in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 2Last Post: 05-07-2014, 12:29 PM