Stock Email App not Marking mail as Read Samsung S4

spikespead

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I have been using the stock Email app on my s4 and it has been fine. But now when I read an email on my PC it will not grey out the email on my phone which means it has been read. It will sync the mail but will not mark it read. It will also count them as being new mail. I do not want to have to mark them manual every time. I have checked to see if it is Imap and it is. I have played around with how far back to and how often to look for the mail. Nothing works. I have also deleted the email account and turned off and added the account back in with no change in results. I have also downloaded Aqua Mail and it will recognize when an email has been read on my pc. I have just recieved Kit Kat and other little small things have been strange on my phone also but have figured those out. Not 100% sure it started happening right after the update. Any help.

uwaisdopey

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I was having problems also, so I switched from the stock email app to Mailbox. It's quite cool. The only downside: it seems like you cannot add a non-gmail address

c_freman

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I've been having the exact same problem since the update. I am 100% sure it started right after the update (I receive dozens of emails everyday and took me less than 5 minutes to realize this was happening after the reboot) and I didn't change anything else in the phone either. My guess is they messed something up with the latest update and we'll have to wait for them to fix it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles