Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default PERMANENTLY Disable Samsung Keyboard?

Hi, I have a bluetooth keyboard that I want to use with my Samsung Galaxy S4 (Sprint version). Problem is every time I connect it, my phone acts stupid and switches away from my default SwiftKey keyboard and sets my default keyboard to the Samsung keyboard, which then pops up and takes up almost the entire screen when I go to type something. So EVERY time I turn on the bluetooth keyboard and it connects to my phone, I have to go all the way into the settings, switch back my default keyboard, and THEN go to what I needed the keyboard for (which REALLY sucks if the application closes in the meantime). When I finally get the SwiftKey keyboard set back as default though, it smartly shuts off autocorrect, doesn't complain that I connected a different device and need to change settings manually, and most importantly it doesn't pop up when I go to type something while the physical keyboard is connected. You can see why I want this keyboard to just stay as default...

Now, because Samsung decided their keyboard is special, you can't disable it normally, but is there a service or app I can disable in the application manager to remove this "feature" that Samsung so graciously decided we all needed? Rooting the phone is not an option.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: PERMANENTLY Disable Samsung Keyboard?

EDIT: okay, well the post I was replying to has disappeared, so disregard this I guess...

Default Re: PERMANENTLY Disable Samsung Keyboard?

I have the same problem