Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default WiFi Connections Issues

I have three WiFi routers I need to connect my AT&T S4 to. I have no problem connecting to my Comcast router. I have hit or miss connection issues with my TWC router. Here is NJ I cannot get the S4 to connect to my Optimum router. It will connect to a weak hotspot that apparently is close enough (with a low signal level), but will not connect to the router sitting here in the bedroom.

What should I try to trouble shoot these issues??

Global Posts
    954 Global Posts

Default Re: WiFi Connections Issues

Quote Originally Posted by tem#AC View Post
    I have three WiFi routers I need to connect my AT&T S4 to. I have no problem connecting to my Comcast router. I have hit or miss connection issues with my TWC router. Here is NJ I cannot get the S4 to connect to my Optimum router. It will connect to a weak hotspot that apparently is close enough (with a low signal level), but will not connect to the router sitting here in the bedroom.

What should I try to trouble shoot these issues??
    If these routers are provided by your ISP ie. Time Warner or Comcast. They may not have the typical default settings. It's normally very simple. Set up your SSID ie Connetion Name. on a WPA2 secure connection and set a pass phrase, and it's there and able to be connected to. To have 3 routers that are all not working correctly either means you are doing something wrong, or their config is not allowing your phone to connect. So contact the ISP's they are owned and provided by and see what they say.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---