Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Unlocked ATT S4 on T-Mobile sevice HELP

So guys, i'm totally new at this, but i have an att galaxy s4 that I had unlocked when i switched to t-mobile. My hotspot doesn't work and just says "mobile data in not available or invalid sim." Would I have to root my phone for that? Or is it already rooted since it was unlocked? Im sorry im confused. lol Another question and the most important, I want to update to kitkat but it doesnt allow me to do that. it says sevice interrupted and to wait 24 hours. If i root my S4, would i lose the unlock? HELP!!!!!
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Unlocked ATT S4 on T-Mobile sevice HELP

Quote Originally Posted by beeestings View Post
    So guys, i'm totally new at this, but i have an att galaxy s4 that I had unlocked when i switched to t-mobile. My hotspot doesn't work and just says "mobile data in not available or invalid sim." Would I have to root my phone for that? Or is it already rooted since it was unlocked? Im sorry im confused. lol Another question and the most important, I want to update to kitkat but it doesnt allow me to do that. it says sevice interrupted and to wait 24 hours. If i root my S4, would i lose the unlock? HELP!!!!!
    Well, firstly make sure that the data connection is active over your mobile network or not I am getting a feel that you don't have an active data connection. Well do one thing switch your device off, remove the sim card and then again try reinserting it. There is no any need to root your device to start the hotspot.

Well, tell me one thing does the KitKat update recently arrived at your device ??? I think the KitKat update has arrived recently and because the server is too busy in updating other device i.e. there must be a number of devices on the updating wait list and so it is not giving you.... I would say try waiting for a while and then try updating your device. I will update.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Burby View Post
    Well, firstly make sure that the data connection is active over your mobile network or not I am getting a feel that you don't have an active data connection. Well do one thing switch your device off, remove the sim card and then again try reinserting it. There is no any need to root your device to start the hotspot.

Well, tell me one thing does the KitKat update recently arrived at your device ??? I think the KitKat update has arrived recently and because the server is too busy in updating other device i.e. there must be a number of devices on the updating wait list and so it is not giving you.... I would say try waiting for a while and then try updating your device. I will update.
    I do have an active data connection and T-Mobile support told me ATT is most likely blocking the hotspot, which I am paying for, from working. Ive tried taking the sim out, and still nothing works.

And yes, kitkat has arrived already and it seems that I'm not the only one with this problem. :/ I read that ATT decides when I can get my update but since my phone was unlocked through a different company other than ATT, they blocked me from receiving the update. If that makes sense?
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beeestings View Post
    I do have an active data connection and T-Mobile support told me ATT is most likely blocking the hotspot, which I am paying for, from working. Ive tried taking the sim out, and still nothing works.

And yes, kitkat has arrived already and it seems that I'm not the only one with this problem. :/ I read that ATT decides when I can get my update but since my phone was unlocked through a different company other than ATT, they blocked me from receiving the update. If that makes sense?
    Well, this makes sense to me this might the reason why you can't update your device, well do one thing goto the sammobile/firmware section and navigate your self to your appropriate device or vendor then download the ROM (if the KitKat update is rolled out by the ATT then I am sure you can locate it over the sammobile/firmware section) now next step would be use the newest version of odin to flash that ROM over to your device. One more thing i want you to know once you flash the ROM your device will again get unrooted i.e. it will get locked again to the ATT network. Rest I'll leave it to you wether you are going to flash the ROM over to your device or not .