4.4.2 Update: Google Play Store gone!

avester

May 14, 2014
Visit site
So just last night I updated my Galaxy s4 to the newest version and when I went into Snapchat a message popped up saying how the app was supported by the Google Play store and it may not function properly due to the fact. I exited out of it and tried to find the play store but didn't see anything, then again I kinda just skimmed my apps so I didn't see much. Then I came across the Samsung Apps app, I searched Snapchat and it said it was there but it had the little play store icon next to it. I clicked it and it said installed, but I didn't want that message popping up everytime I would go and use the app, so the bright person that I am I decided to uninstall the app thinking I could download it again, and now I cant get it back :/ it says that its free and to go to the google play store, but it isn't on my phone anymore, its completely gone and I really want Snapchat back.
Please help!!!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So just last night I updated my Galaxy s4 to the newest version and when I went into Snapchat a message popped up saying how the app was supported by the Google Play store and it may not function properly due to the fact. I exited out of it and tried to find the play store but didn't see anything, then again I kinda just skimmed my apps so I didn't see much. Then I came across the Samsung Apps app, I searched Snapchat and it said it was there but it had the little play store icon next to it. I clicked it and it said installed, but I didn't want that message popping up everytime I would go and use the app, so the bright person that I am I decided to uninstall the app thinking I could download it again, and now I cant get it back :/ it says that its free and to go to the google play store, but it isn't on my phone anymore, its completely gone and I really want Snapchat back.
Please help!!!

Welcome to the forums.
Play isn't in the app drawer?

avester

May 14, 2014
Visit site

avester

May 14, 2014
Visit site
nope! and it disappeared from my home page too because I had it there

- - - Updated - - -

Ill try that thanks!!

I tried downloading it but when I went to install it it said that my security was blocking something on the program so I stopped, not only that but when I typed it on google, the option to download it from there directly came up and even when I pressed install it never came up on my phone

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I tried downloading it but when I went to install it it said that my security was blocking something on the program so I stopped, not only that but when I typed it on google, the option to download it from there directly came up and even when I pressed install it never came up on my phone

What you are doing is called a side load. In security, you have to check Unknown Sources in order for it to install.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Farmer Joe

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
We don't use the store much. But today my wife was commenting on how her phone is missing the play store app. Any suggestions on how to get it back?