Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Busted S4 Screen

So, I busted my screen on my 3 month old phone. Digitizer seems to work fine so it must just be the glass. Has anyone successfully replaced the glass, is it that hard? There are a bunch of shops around that say they will do the digitizer and glass for about $200 CAD and they all say they use "OEM" parts, but I have heard a lot of conflicting reports if that's really true or not that repair shops use OEM parts.

Wondering if I should just replace the glass instead. On a side note, if I decide to replace it all, does Samsung do replacements themselves? I heard they did....

Default Re: Busted S4 Screen

You can send to the service center, they do replacements but maybe expensive. If you send for repair, you can replace the glass only. While if you want to replace the whole display, you can do by yourself, it's not difficult. See here. And remember choose the LCD screen belong to your version only.
    Compare the two costs, and choose one. Good luck!