Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By 08silveradoonrims
  • 1 Post By ssheilah
  • 1 Post By 08silveradoonrims
  • 1 Post By dannyv09
  • 1 Post By 08silveradoonrims
  • 1 Post By Katie Paul
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Frozen keyboard on Galaxy S4

When I open the twitter app and use the keyboard to type in a search, the keyboard stays frozen on the screen and also freezes the phone. When I hit the power/home key it takes quite a bit of time for the phone to respond to my prompt. Even when it does go to the home screen the keyboard is still frozen on the screen. Then when the screen blacks out and I hit the power/home key again it takes a good 10-20 seconds for the phone to wake up, and then after this whole process takes place I am able to use twitter with no problem. This problem only came about after this sh!t kat update. Any advice as to what may help this issue?!

Sent from my Galaxy s4
    Thanked by:
    ssheilah and NomusaMagic like this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Frozen keyboard

Also, most of the time when I open my Internet browser and start to type in the search bar, my phone double inputs my letters. Really Pisses me off, lol

Sent from my Galaxy s4

Default Re: Frozen keyboard

My husband has had this exact same problem with the keyboard freezing in place when searching in the Twitter app, also since the upgrade. It doesn't happen in any other app he uses. We've cleared cache/reinstalled Twitter, cleared cache on the keyboard, etc but nothing resolves the issue. He has discovered if he just taps a key on the unresponsive keyboard and then waits about 30 seconds, it will finally clear itself. Anyone with a better solution?
    Thanked by 2:
    NomusaMagic likes this.

Default Re: Frozen keyboard on Galaxy S4

I have had the exact same problem with the keyboard freezing during a Twitter Search since the software upgrade. I have reinstalled Twitter, cleared the cache on both the keyboard and twitter and tried other things as well. Nothing has worked. Hopefully they will find a fix soon. Seems like the updates always cause more problems that they solve.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Glad I'm not the only one then. Mine does the exact same thing

Sent from my Galaxy s4
    NomusaMagic likes this.

Yup....same here. So annoying. Need to fix. ASAP.

Posted via Android Central App
    NomusaMagic likes this.

The only fix I could find was to download the Google Keyboard from the Play Store. But it worked.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by de1tajuli3t View Post
    The only fix I could find was to download the Google Keyboard from the Play Store. But it worked.
    So far its been a easy fix. Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy s4
    Thanked by:
    NomusaMagic likes this.

This has been happening to be as well after the update and it is so annoying! I shouldn't have to download an additional keyboard. Get it together Android!
    NomusaMagic likes this.

Never had this frozen keyboard Twitter problem on my cell - Galaxy S3 (even after KitKat) but began happening recently on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (like other problems ... had to send back month #4 for battery, gone > 2 weeks) ... Makes me wonder if I should've upgraded my iPad3 instead of the Samsung tab. Same $ in April 2014 at Best Buy ($399)

Global Posts
    796 Global Posts

I came here in search of this exact same problem, I'm using a galaxy tab pro.
    I'm not interested in changing out my keyboard to fix this.
    I'd be willing to swap twitter clients first.

Ive got the same problem. Now its worse with the recent update a couple days ago. The Time line wont update. And still has the keyboard freezing. I dont have this problem on my Galaxy Tab 3 10.1, but thats running android 4.2.2

My Twitter version is 5.23.0 its pretty much unusable now.