- 3 Posts
Unread Email Problems After Kitkat Upgrade
I use the stock email app for one of my Gmail accounts (imap). After the kitkat upgrade, the email apps works fine except for one annoying issue: my read emails appear as unread on my phone. Once I open an email on my desktop, it does not properly sync and my phone does not recognize that the email has been read. As a result, I have hundreds of unread emails on my phone that have been read.
I have tried everything. From soft reset to factory reset to removing the account. Nothing works. I prefer the stock email app to any third party app.
Anyone experiencing this annoying problem. Wish I never upgraded!
Posted via Android Central App
- 05-17-2014, 12:52 PM #2
- 05-23-2014, 09:36 PM #3
- 05-27-2014, 06:32 PM #5
Re: Unread Email Problems After Kitkat Upgrade
Sounds like you are all somehow keeping a copy of the message on the server, otherwise changing "period to sync email") from "all" to "one week." Wouldn't make a differenceSamsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
- By user242 in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 13Last Post: 05-29-2014, 02:31 AM
- By Jalopiejoe in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 33Last Post: 05-22-2014, 09:32 PM
- By Jalopiejoe in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 4Last Post: 05-18-2014, 04:08 PM
- By DeathAngel74 in forum HTC OneReplies: 0Last Post: 05-17-2014, 12:35 PM
- By Tumuz in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 0Last Post: 05-17-2014, 11:59 AM