Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Angry Prompt "Complete action using" keeps coming up after selecting "always"

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505)
    ROM: Stock 4.4.2

Hi guys,

I have a really annoying issue where I keep getting the "complete action using" prompt to select an app to launch even after I've selected "always".

ie. In Google Maps <or select any app>, I click on a number to dial and I get a "complete action using" dialog box per screenshot below. I click on "Phone" then always. If I go back into the same app (or any other app) and attempt to dial a number I get the same prompt again.

It's super annoying! It's not just happening with the phone dialer, but other apps I'm trying to select as a default as well. Does anyone have any ideas?

2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Default Re: Prompt "Complete action using" keeps coming up after selecting "always"

I've tried resetting my phone back to factory default and this doesn't help.

I can only get rid of the "complete action using" prompt by uninstalling the viber app.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Global Posts
    957 Global Posts

Default Re: Prompt "Complete action using" keeps coming up after selecting "always"

Quote Originally Posted by gyrex View Post
    I've tried resetting my phone back to factory default and this doesn't help.

I can only get rid of the "complete action using" prompt by uninstalling the viber app.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
    You just solved your own issue. If you uninstall Viber, it corrects it. If a factory reset didn't correct it, then it's Viber, and you should be contacting them. It looks like a code issue.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhinc View Post
    You just solved your own issue. If you uninstall Viber, it corrects it. If a factory reset didn't correct it, then it's Viber, and you should be contacting them. It looks like a code issue.
    Thanks for your response. I contacted viber support and they said it's an issue with the phone's software which makes sense since you'd think that the phone's software/android would be responsible for setting default applications...

Contacting Samsung support has been less than fruitful.

I've also had this same problem on numerous things

Sent from my Galaxy s4

I'm really regretting getting away from my HTC

Sent from my Galaxy s4
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

You have the same issue with Viber and not being able to set the "Phone" dialer as the default?