Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Auto rotate and Screen brightness

About 2 months ago, i had problems with my phone getting very hot in the end Samsung replaced the battery as it had a fault.

They also updated the phone while they had it, after they updated it I noticed that in youtube the screen was not rotating and the screen auto brightness was not working.

PDA:NC5 / PHONE:NC5 / CSC:NC2 (H3G) , I9505XXUFNC5, GT-I9505

I rang them back up and they ether wanted me to wipe the phone take it in or send it back, In the end I wiped it my self. and both features started working again, but both stopped once I put some apps back on my phone.

Drop Box,
    Flipboard
    BBC iplayer
    Bitcoin wallet
    BBC media Player
    BBC Weather
    Facebook
    HSBC
    National Rail
    right Move
    FOXfi
    Flickr
    UK Tides
    Sonos
    Outlook
    Twitter
    mail.com
    TvCatchup
    Tumblr
    Sky+
    WhatsApp

I have listed them above just in case any have known issues. I would not expect it to be any of the better know ones if it is an app, maybe one of these 3 thou i have not tried taking them off yet. TvCatchup, FOXfi, UK Tides

At this point I am just sick of factory resetting the dam thing, even when I back it up before hand, it does not restore the apps or the link in my contacts with all the people with 4 entries, which i am also sick or re linking.

Any help would be appreciated.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Default Re: Auto rotate and Screen brightness

On my Note 2, I have to reset the screen rotation to "ON" occasionally, but its a simple process, pull down from the top of the screen and touch the screen rotation icon. Same issue with the auto brightness feature which wants to default to Auto. This assumes you've made the appropriate choices from the Settings, My device, Display.
    ATT Note 2