moving music files. creating folders

Amy Marie4

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I move music files from my device and storage to my sd storage all the time. With in the past few days my music files will not move over to my sd card storage. It says "moving failed" I figured maybe I just needed to make a new folder because I have a lot of music and maybe the folder I had reached its capacity if that is possible. So I tried to create a new folder and I can't. It says "creation failed" anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?

Posted via Android Central App

Michael Nancarrow

May 19, 2014
Visit site
I move music files from my device and storage to my sd storage all the time. With in the past few days my music files will not move over to my sd card storage. It says "moving failed" I figured maybe I just needed to make a new folder because I have a lot of music and maybe the folder I had reached its capacity if that is possible. So I tried to create a new folder and I can't. It says "creation failed" anyone else having this problem or know how to fix it?

Posted via Android Central App

I have not heard of this issue, as of yet. What method are you trying? (Using a file manager, or PC plugged?) I gather the obvious- the SD card isn't full, so it sounds as though there are some permission issues. You have not recently tried encrypting/locking any files have you- I know I have had this issue when the SD card was write protected; that's something to look into!

Hate to say it, but at the moment the best fix seems to mirror (or mimmick!) your SD card, move the files over, format the SD card and then place the files back on.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I have not heard of this issue, as of yet. What method are you trying? (Using a file manager, or PC plugged?) I gather the obvious- the SD card isn't full, so it sounds as though there are some permission issues. You have not recently tried encrypting/locking any files have you- I know I have had this issue when the SD card was write protected; that's something to look into!

Hate to say it, but at the moment the best fix seems to mirror (or mimmick!) your SD card, move the files over, format the SD card and then place the files back on.

If you have the kit kat ota the only things that can read and write to the sd are official apps no third party apps

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
That's a weird adaptation- I doubt that would stop users being able to write music to the SD Card?

HTC One M7

No you don't understand that's from the Google source code if you didn't get the Samsung's edited code your not going to be able to fix it unless your willing to reflash your entire phone or root it if it's not an official preloaded app your sd is basically useless no third party apps can write to your sd google is trying to phase out external sd cards

Michael Nancarrow

May 19, 2014
Visit site
No you don't understand that's from the Google source code if you didn't get the Samsung's edited code your not going to be able to fix it unless your willing to reflash your entire phone or root it if it's not an official preloaded app your sd is basically useless no third party apps can write to your sd google is trying to phase out external sd cards

Metle_geek you're correct, and I have now looked into this- that sucks!

Is this applicant a viable work around? I cannot test as I do not have this issue.

How to Bypass the SD Card Restrictions in Android 4.4 KitKat on Your Galaxy S4 ? Samsung GS4 softModder

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Basically it's so far into the code your going to have to flash a rom with it supported

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar