Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy s4 speed

Hi, my Galaxy s4 is slow in internet. How to become more faster?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

Default Re: Galaxy s4 speed

What model is yours? The LTE or 3G? Are you connecting to wifi, LTE or 3G? There are many variables present to determine your Internet speed such as your connection type, your carrier congestion, your wifi speed of your Internet provider, your location, your signal strength, etc. You could try Internet speed test app to determine your speed and make comparisons.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by alexcolka View Post
    What model is yours? The LTE or 3G? Are you connecting to wifi, LTE or 3G? There are many variables present to determine your Internet speed such as your connection type, your carrier congestion, your wifi speed of your Internet provider, your location, your signal strength, etc. You could try Internet speed test app to determine your speed and make comparisons.

My galaxy is GT-I9500. im connecting to wifi

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

If you're connecting via wifi, it all depends on the speed of your Internet provider, the router quality and your signal strength. If you're connecting to a public wifi network, there are lots of variables that may affect your connection speed.

Quote Originally Posted by alexcolka View Post
    If you're connecting via wifi, it all depends on the speed of your Internet provider, the router quality and your signal strength. If you're connecting to a public wifi network, there are lots of variables that may affect your connection speed.

These are all true, however, in response to the OP, I'm seeing something similar. Before the update, I would do a speed test on my home wifi and get anywhere from 15-30 Mbps download speeds (depending upon time of day). These speeds were comparable to all of the other wireless devices in my household. Since the update, my wifi download speeds will not exceed 3-3.5 Mbps...period. All of the other devices in my house scream along at the speeds I used to enjoy. I've changed routers, I've changed the channels on the router (this helped a little), but my phone DL speeds haven't come back. 4G DL speeds are good, wifi not so much.