Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default URGENT Help Required Please

Evening guys, I just purchased a Galaxy S4 from a private seller. When I have set the phone up though, it is saying that I have no memory remaining in the phone, it's a 16gb model. It's saying I only have so many MB left.

I checked the status of the phone and it's saying the android version is 4.4.4, I am unaware of that version, but I believe this may be the problem. It's not even letting me connect the phone to Samsung Kies, I have re-installed it, un-installed etc.... It just won't take it.

Can anyone PLEASE try and help me find a solution to this, I have reset the handset as well, but still the same issues. I'm thinking of a hard reset but not sure if that is worthwile. I really need help here folks and would be extremely grateful for any help.

Default Re: URGENT Help Required Please

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyBuckingham View Post
    Evening guys, I just purchased a Galaxy S4 from a private seller. When I have set the phone up though, it is saying that I have no memory remaining in the phone, it's a 16gb model. It's saying I only have so many MB left.

I checked the status of the phone and it's saying the android version is 4.4.4, I am unaware of that version, but I believe this may be the problem. It's not even letting me connect the phone to Samsung Kies, I have re-installed it, un-installed etc.... It just won't take it.

Can anyone PLEASE try and help me find a solution to this, I have reset the handset as well, but still the same issues. I'm thinking of a hard reset but not sure if that is worthwile. I really need help here folks and would be extremely grateful for any help.
    have you contacted the person , who sold you this lemon..I think this is partitioning problem in your cell. have you tried re-partition??
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply Saqib, I appreciate it. However, I am not sure what re-partition means.

Thanks for the reply Saqib, I appreciate it. However, I am not sure what re-partition means.
    As you might know the partitioning of hard drive on PC, the same is for mobile..have you updated to 4.4.2 official via Odin?

I reckon a hard factory reset would sort you out. As for 4.4.4 the current Kit kat is 4.4.2. Failing that plug your phone into kies on your pc/laptop and see if there are any updates. Hope this helps

Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Saqib, I live in the United Kingdom, I am not sure what Odin is, and I still don't understand what Partitioning is, I'm really sorry. I appreciate you are only trying to help.

Perhaps you should Google for a tutorial on how to flash with stock firmware your S4, there are lots of them with all the information you need. Following those steps, it is really an easy task. Good luck.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts

You may also not have a real S4. Possibly a knock off

Posted via Android Central App

Saqib, I live in the United Kingdom, I am not sure what Odin is, and I still don't understand what Partitioning is, I'm really sorry. I appreciate you are only trying to help.
    I live in Pakistan..anyway post me about phone screenshot here then I'll tell you..