Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default 4.3 update messed up my Galaxy S4

    I never updated my phone since I got last August and a few days back while trying to click my Whatsapp icon the thing popped up and caught me!

    The problems I'm facing:

    - Old reminders keep popping up after 12.
    - Can't change ringtone. Ringtone under Sound is set to what I want but when someone calls it just plays the default song.
    - Sometimes I can unlock my phone typically when the battery is really low. I'd have to restart it.
    - Battery drains very fast now.
    - Google Play music playlists all wiped out! My playlist names are there but there are no songs in each playlist.

    Why you gotta do me like this Samsung. Should I just update to whatever is the latest update?
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    20,395 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default re: 4.3 update messed up my Galaxy S4

    Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete18 View Post
    I never updated my phone since I got last August and a few days back while trying to click my Whatsapp icon the thing popped up and caught me!

    The problems I'm facing:

    - Old reminders keep popping up after 12.
    - Can't change ringtone. Ringtone under Sound is set to what I want but when someone calls it just plays the default song.
    - Sometimes I can unlock my phone typically when the battery is really low. I'd have to restart it.
    - Battery drains very fast now.
    - Google Play music playlists all wiped out! My playlist names are there but there are no songs in each playlist.

    Why you gotta do me like this Samsung. Should I just update to whatever is the latest update?
    I would suggest a cache clear in recovery. See if that will help: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    Follow instructions for the S3.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default re: 4.3 update messed up my Galaxy S4

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I would suggest a cache clear in recovery. See if that will help: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    Follow instructions for the S3.
    Tried it out but everything is pretty much the same.
  4. #4  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    20,395 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default re: 4.3 update messed up my Galaxy S4

    Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete18 View Post
    Tried it out but everything is pretty much the same.
    I am not sure what to suggest. If I think of anything I will post again.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default re: 4.3 update messed up my Galaxy S4

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I am not sure what to suggest. If I think of anything I will post again.
    Okay, thanks.
  6. #6  

    Default re: 4.3 update messed up my Galaxy S4

    Have you tried doing a factory reset already?

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
  7. #7  

    Default re: 4.3 update messed up my Galaxy S4

    Is this the 4.4.3 kit kat update? Or 4.3 jelly bean?

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  

    Default re: 4.3 update messed up my Galaxy S4

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy Davies View Post
    Is this the 4.4.3 kit kat update? Or 4.3 jelly bean?

    Posted via Android Central App
    "4.3 update screwed up my phone"
    4.3 ...
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: 4.3 update messed up my Galaxy S4

    I think I've narrowed down the battery problem. It was the same problem I had awhile back, Google Play Services. When I had the problem previously, I think I just forced stopped it and it worked. Now, even after force stop it's still active. I'm not sure what happens if I click uninstall updates or disable. Any advice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Christophe Saelens View Post
    Have you tried doing a factory reset already?

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
    Isn't factory reset like formatting? I don't want to do that.

Similar Threads

  1. Sony Xperia Z2 vs Samsung Galaxy S5
    By SwiftHax in forum Sony Xperia Z2
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 06-01-2014, 12:04 AM
  2. Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Sony Xperia Z2, which one should I buy?
    By SwiftHax in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-26-2014, 02:08 PM
  3. Word Lens not compatible with my tablet or phone
    By ticktock01 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-26-2014, 12:09 AM
  4. Att update for s5
    By steve Sharra in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-25-2014, 09:32 AM
  5. Samsung galaxy s4 wifi problem
    By Dimitris Papavasiliou in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-25-2014, 05:18 AM

Posting Permissions