Best mode for camera?

laurenichole350

May 5, 2014
Visit site
What's the best mode to keep your camera in? I'm getting increasingly frustrated with blurry and crappy pictures. I switched from an iPhone and one of the reasons was because the S4 was supposed to have a better camera (I take lots of pics with my phone) but so far I'm not impressed. I have been keeping it in auto mode but unless it's a sunny bright day the pics are dark a blurry. Taking pics inside or at night are out of the question in auto mode. Any advice?

Posted via Android Central App

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
What's the best mode to keep your camera in? I'm getting increasingly frustrated with blurry and crappy pictures. I switched from an iPhone and one of the reasons was because the S4 was supposed to have a better camera (I take lots of pics with my phone) but so far I'm not impressed. I have been keeping it in auto mode but unless it's a sunny bright day the pics are dark a blurry. Taking pics inside or at night are out of the question in auto mode. Any advice?

Blurry pictures are the result of either a moving camera or a moving subject during exposure. I.o.w. it's an operators fault. The camera has nothing to do with it.
If you want sharply focused pictures you should not shoot 'freehand' with the (phone)cam in your outstretched hands, but support it on something steady like the back of a chair, a low wall, a fence, a sturdy branch, a window sill, or even on your knees (if you're sitting on the ground), etc. etc.
The improvement will be dramatic.

This is why they invented tripods for cameras 170 years ago...

laurenichole350

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm just saying with my old phone I could just point and shoot and get clear pics most of the time. With this phone not so much. I'm not new to taking photos with a phone, I am aware that they will never be professional quality. I was wondering if there was a different mode or something that would help. But hey, thanks for the passive aggressive response! Yay for Internet forums!

jnaught

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
You have to wait for the camera to focus (takes a second or two). Your GS4 pics will then blow your iPhone pics away. You might also try using to no shake function.

jnaught

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Also, there is a night setting in the camera settings that allows you to take pics without the flash. Then, of course, there is the flash. :)

As for modes: Sport mode takes great pics of moving objects; HD mode takes beautiful pics of scenery.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
It was a while before I noticed that if you tap on the screen where you want to focus the white box will turn green and get you much better shots. Worked for me at least, good luck. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis