Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why do two S4's have different software versions?

They are both bought from the same place and are both i9505.... why does the other one have 4.4 while mine has this....
    When I check software update it says you are allready updated

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Why do two S4's have different software versions?-img-20140526-wa0027.jpg  

Default Re: Why do two S4's have different software versions?

Not all Galaxies are created equal...even if bought from the same place (especially if not an official retailer). Maybe your phone was purchased before the update and the other one after? The only way to know for sure if both devices are the same version is by checking each phone's CSC (which will also give you the 'region' to which it belongs to). You can do that by going into the dialer and press "*#1234#". The third line is the CSC. If these codes are different in both phones, then they didn't come out from the same factory and were not meant for the same region.

The KitKat update is being rolled out S L O W L Y into different regions, so it may be that the white phone's region already got the update and yours didn't (I know that happened with mine until last week, when it finally hit my phone).

- - - Updated - - -

Not all Galaxies are created equal...even if bought from the same place (especially if not an official retailer). Maybe your phone was purchased before the update and the other one after? The only way to know for sure if both devices are the same version is by checking each phone's CSC (which will also give you the 'region' to which it belongs to). You can do that by going into the dialer and press "*#1234#". The third line is the CSC. If these codes are different in both phones, then they didn't come out from the same factory and were not meant for the same region.

The KitKat update is being rolled out S L O W L Y into different regions, so it may be that the white phone's region already got the update and yours didn't (I know that happened with mine until last week, when it finally hit my phone).
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    10,258 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Updates are sent OTA in batches. Not all devices receive the update at the same time, and often times, an update will last several weeks. If possible, try connecting the device to Kies/PC and try updating there. Hopefully you can get updated soon.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Hey whats the difference between both versions?

Posted via Android Central App