Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My Galaxy s4 won't connect to my home wifi?

My laptop and computer's internet are working completely fine, and my phone even connected to my school wifi this morning. My home wifi was working last night (until midnight even), but stopped this morning. I have had the phone since September and the only problem I've had similar to this was once when I had no signal- but that was easily fixed with restarting the phone.
    When I restarted my phone this morning, it connected to the wifi after maybe 10 minutes. But now it won't connect even if I restart my phone.
    Can anyone help?
    (My phone is version 4.4.2 and I've got 3 gb of device storage left- not counting the SD card that I recently got)

Default Re: My Galaxy s4 won't connect to my home wifi?

Welcome to Android Central! Review this guide and see if any of the tips help: [GUIDE] Troubleshooting Wi-Fi Connection Problems

Global Posts
    954 Global Posts

Default Re: My Galaxy s4 won't connect to my home wifi?

Quote Originally Posted by aly5321 View Post
    My laptop and computer's internet are working completely fine, and my phone even connected to my school wifi this morning. My home wifi was working last night (until midnight even), but stopped this morning. I have had the phone since September and the only problem I've had similar to this was once when I had no signal- but that was easily fixed with restarting the phone.
    When I restarted my phone this morning, it connected to the wifi after maybe 10 minutes. But now it won't connect even if I restart my phone.
    Can anyone help?
    (My phone is version 4.4.2 and I've got 3 gb of device storage left- not counting the SD card that I recently got)
    Have you simply power cycled your modem/router? 9 times out of 10 this will correct an issue like you are having.
    In other words. If you have a seperate modem and router. Shut down all your PCs and devices. Unplug the modem and router from the power. If it's a phone modem it may have a battery backup. So you will have to remove the battery to kill power. If it's an all in one, same thing as above just one plug, and possibly battery.
    Once eveyrthing is shut down and your modem/router have no power. Plug just the modem back in first, if it's a combo unit plug it in. Wait for the ONLINE or CABLE light to go solid sometimes it will say INTERNET as well. Once that is solid, plug in the router. Then turn on all your devices. and reconnect to your WIFI as normal. Hope that helps.

If that doesn't help you could always goto your router manufactures website and check for a firmware update for the router, this will reflash the router with the most recent updates ie. Problem Fixes.

Let us know
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---