Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Reporting Pop-up

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster.

Please excuse my ignorance here as I'm not sure if this was ever asked before, but did a brief search and came up with nothing. Yesterday I had inadvertantly clicked "accept" on a pop up that has been coming up a bit. The pop-up was asking whether or not I wanted to report Google or Samsung security issues, and unfortunately I don't remember exactly what it said. Anyone ever have a pop up like this come up or know if it's a legit thing? Thanks!

Global Posts
    972 Global Posts

Default Re: Google Reporting Pop-up

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Queen View Post
    Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster.

Please excuse my ignorance here as I'm not sure if this was ever asked before, but did a brief search and came up with nothing. Yesterday I had inadvertantly clicked "accept" on a pop up that has been coming up a bit. The pop-up was asking whether or not I wanted to report Google or Samsung security issues, and unfortunately I don't remember exactly what it said. Anyone ever have a pop up like this come up or know if it's a legit thing? Thanks!
    I have never had a pop up of that nature, I don't believe it was from a stock app on your phone. Hard to really say much more without more details or a screen shot ;( Wish I could have been of more help
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Appreciate the response, regardless.

I just did a factory reset in hopes of whatever it is getting cleared.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

I think i had this a couple of days ago, I was on the web (Chrome) at the time, I wasn't sure if it was a pop up from the web page or the phone. I am sure i clicked cancel as it interrupted my reading at the time. It was a window of text that was about 2/3 the screen. I assumed it would pop up again if it needed me to accept, nothing yet.

Global Posts
    972 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FreeFool View Post
    I think i had this a couple of days ago, I was on the web (Chrome) at the time, I wasn't sure if it was a pop up from the web page or the phone. I am sure i clicked cancel as it interrupted my reading at the time. It was a window of text that was about 2/3 the screen. I assumed it would pop up again if it needed me to accept, nothing yet.
    That could make sense. Chrome is stock now but I uninstalled it and use the default browser.
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---