problems with native email app since upgrading to OS 4.4.2

klhprice

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I use the email app that came with my Galaxy S4 phone to access my Yahoo mail. All was working fine until a couple weeks ago when I upgraded the OS to 4.4.2.
- It does not seem like the sync works correctly. I have a limited data plan so I only want my email to sync when I'm on wifi. For that reason I have my sync settings to Manual for both the 'Set sync schedule' and 'While roaming' options and 'Peak schedule' turned off. It used to be that nothing would happen until I opened the app and clicked sync. However, now, every time I open the app it syncs automatically whether I'm on wifi or data. I had to turn off Sync altogether in order for it to not automatically sync when I open the app. But that means I have to go turn on Sync Email before the sync option will work. This really sucks.
- When I sync, all the new email that it loads then show up as Read when I go into my Yahoo email on my laptop. Why is it setting them to a Read status even though none have been opened and read?
- I can no longer see any of the additional folders I've created. When I click 'Show All Folders' the only thing I see are the standard folders (Inbox, Drafts, Outbox, Sent and Trash). How do I get to my custom folders?

There have been other issues since upgrading the OS (like the removal of the Data icon from the shortcuts list on the notifications panel). If I could I would uninstall this update and go back to the previous OS level!