Task Manager draining battery?

darthweasel

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
My battery has been draining pretty rapidly lately when I have not even been using the phone.
For example, it has been fully charged overnight and has not been off the charger for 50 minutes and is already down to 94% battery.

If I go into the battery section of 'Settings', it shows 'Task Manager' as the #1 app (using 20% of the battery).
Any idea what could be causing the stock Task Manager to go wild like this?

darthweasel

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
ok - tried that and it is still showing what I believe to be an abnormally high battery use percentage (upward of 20%).

Any other suggestions?

alexcolka

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I never get tired of advising about apps that rely in location services, you should check for those. Apps that use location services are heavy drainers.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

electricpete

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Try going to app manager and find this application (task manager) then clear data and clear cache on that application. Then maybe power down, pull battery, replace, start and keep your fingers crossed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

revansCAAD8

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
My wife's Note3 has the same issue; 'Task Manager' always at the top of the battery usage list!? This was found while on KK4.4.4.4 and same after upgrading to L5.0.

My Note3 has never had the issue.

Posted via my Galaxy Note3 on the Android Central App

revansCAAD8

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Try going to app manager and find this application (task manager) then clear data and clear cache on that application. Then maybe power down, pull battery, replace, start and keep your fingers crossed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Tried many times and made no difference.

Posted via my Galaxy Note3 on the Android Central App

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
ES Task Manager doesn't list location services among its permissions...
Just uninstall that app.

Android was designed, and is most efficient, with memory almost full. Task managers and similar apps that advertise freeing up memory are only going to fight against the OS, so it's no surprise that the battery would drain quicker when using them.

Android fills up the memory.
The manager empties it.
Android, seeing this now wasted memory, fills it up again.
The manager sees the memory full again and clears it out.

Lather, rinse, repeat.