Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 Keeps Restarting

For the past few months - seemingly after installing KitKat 4.4 - my S4 has been acting up. Practically once a day, the phone would briefly crash while I'm using it, restart itself, and turn back on with around 4% less battery than it had before restarting. Not sure what's causing it. The phone doesn't feel like it's overheating, and the battery's relatively new too (I had to buy a new battery since my old battery was defective and used to swell up often) so I don't think it's the fault of the battery either.

I'm thinking it might have to do with the 4.4 upgrade since I never had these issues before upgrading to 4.4, but I have no other conclusive evidence apart from this slight correlation to justify blaming the update . Any insight would be great!

Global Posts
    32,251 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Galaxy S4 Keeps Restarting

Quote Originally Posted by StepW View Post
    For the past few months - seemingly after installing KitKat 4.4 - my S4 has been acting up. Practically once a day, the phone would briefly crash while I'm using it, restart itself, and turn back on with around 4% less battery than it had before restarting. Not sure what's causing it. The phone doesn't feel like it's overheating, and the battery's relatively new too (I had to buy a new battery since my old battery was defective and used to swell up often) so I don't think it's the fault of the battery either.

I'm thinking it might have to do with the 4.4 upgrade since I never had these issues before upgrading to 4.4, but I have no other conclusive evidence apart from this slight correlation to justify blaming the update . Any insight would be great!
    I would first suggest clearing cache by rebooting into recovery. Here is how to do it: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Sometimes a factory reset is needed. If the cache clear doesn't help, I would do that next. Back up any files you don't want to lose to your PC or the cloud, back up contacts to Google, etc.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply! I'll give that a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by StepW View Post
    Thanks for the reply! I'll give that a shot.
    Any updates is issue resolved

Posted via Android Central App

good,Thanks for the reply! I'll give that a shot. thank you