Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Kies software help??

I want to backup my old s3 running on 4.1.2 and want to restore (Mostly need my contacts, messages etc the rest can be copied and pasted on) it on my s4 on 4.4.2. However, the Kies software i use for my s3 doesnt work for the s4 as it needs the newer kies 3 software.

The backups off my s3 on Kies does not show up on the kies 3 software... is there any way i can do this?? any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Default Re: Kies software help??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_t33 View Post
    I want to backup my old s3 running on 4.1.2 and want to restore (Mostly need my contacts, messages etc the rest can be copied and pasted on) it on my s4 on 4.4.2. However, the Kies software i use for my s3 doesnt work for the s4 as it needs the newer kies 3 software.

The backups off my s3 on Kies does not show up on the kies 3 software... is there any way i can do this?? any help would be appreciated.

thanks
    For the contacts, make sure they are in the phones as Google contacts and not phone contacts. Then make sure you have Sync Contacts checked in settings>Accounts>Google. They will then get backed up on Google's serverFor your text messages, use an app like SMS backup & restore from the Play store.
    Dont' Forget to press Thank you button and like button when you get an answer
    Thanked by:
    Mr_t33