Google+ Photos Back-Up & Restore

kw_21

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Just registered because my head hurts now from constant searching and banging it against a brick wall!
I recently had my phone repaired and when re-setting it back up I noticed I now have a folder in my gallery of Google Back-up pictures. Anyway I decided to turn off the auto back up and delete these pictures. Figuring that although it said delete on device also it would only delete the pictures on the device in that folder! Wrong! Anyway, my point is, all the pictures I deleted, and there were a lot, are showing in my Google photos (because I restored them there) but how do I get them back on my phone? I can't seem to find a way and can't quite understand why there is a back-up facility if you cannot do anything with them once they are backed up? Surely the point of backing something up is so you can restore them if anything happens?

So if anyone has a solution I'd love to hear it.

Thanks

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I had several problems with Google Photos - to the extent that I disabled the stock Gallery app and just used the Google photos app as I hated seeing the Picasa folder on my nexus 5.

You could go onto a desktop computer, log into Google and manually save the pics onto a dektop, allowing for you to drag the files over to the phone. Or if you click on the photos within the goolge photos app you can manually download them into your stock gallery app - these will be saved into a "download" folder however

Vicky Blake

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I backed up my phone HTC One to my gmail account in the cloud and see some of the pictures in Google Fotos, but not all pictures are there. WHere else can they be?

thanks

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I always move my photos and music to the sdcard. Then make a copy of the sd card on my computer. If the phone or sdcard fails I have a permanent backup! This has saved me a couple times. I don't trust backup programs or the Cloud!
Just a suggestion if you get your file back!

m_burns

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
My phone is water damaged and sometimes deletes my stuff without me knowing about it, I have very special pictures and yesterday, they were all gone but 1 video. I need to know how to get them back without using PC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22