Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 incoming call issue + international error

Hello,

I hope you guys can help me with this. I have a Verizon galaxy s4 that I transferred to straight talk. Calls, texts, SMS, internet all work with no problem.

The problem I am having is during incoming calls. The phone is showing a plus sign before the phone number that is calling me (Example: our area code is 607. so if 607-607-6076 calls me, the phone shows +60 7-607 6076) This doesn't seem like a big deal, but if I miss a call and try to just tap the number to return the call, I get an error message saying I cannot make international calls.. My phone settings are correct as far as I can tell. I have it set that I live in the U.S.

This is a pretty annoying problem when you miss a call and can't easily dial back. You have to quickly memorize the number to go to a fresh screen and re-dial it manually.

Anyone have this issue or a solution?

Global Posts
    955 Global Posts

Default Re: Galaxy S4 incoming call issue + international error

Quote Originally Posted by joleesays View Post
    Hello,

I hope you guys can help me with this. I have a Verizon galaxy s4 that I transferred to straight talk. Calls, texts, SMS, internet all work with no problem.

The problem I am having is during incoming calls. The phone is showing a plus sign before the phone number that is calling me (Example: our area code is 607. so if 607-607-6076 calls me, the phone shows +60 7-607 6076) This doesn't seem like a big deal, but if I miss a call and try to just tap the number to return the call, I get an error message saying I cannot make international calls.. My phone settings are correct as far as I can tell. I have it set that I live in the U.S.

This is a pretty annoying problem when you miss a call and can't easily dial back. You have to quickly memorize the number to go to a fresh screen and re-dial it manually.

Anyone have this issue or a solution?
    The only thing I can think of is to check our APN settings and make sure they are correct for STRAIGHT TALK
    HOW TO UPDATE DATA SETTINGS
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I've checked my APN settings and even tinkered with them to match what other people have posted. It is SO annoying

Global Posts
    955 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joleesays View Post
    I've checked my APN settings and even tinkered with them to match what other people have posted. It is SO annoying
    Okay so let's go over some settings then. There has to be a solution for this.

Tap your PHONE icon from your main screen. Once in there, tap your bottom left menu button. You should have a menu pop up with an option for CALL SETTINGS. Tap that option.
    Once in CALL SETTINGS, tap on ADDITIONAL SETTINGS.
    Okay now that you are in Additional Settings, There should be an option for AUTO AREA CODE. Tap that, and see if someone has put in the +1 in that box. I am guessing that's the issue. If there is a +1 or ANYTHING in the box for that matter, deleted it. And exit. And that's that. You are good to go, no more +1
    I really hope that was it otherwise I am stumped. let me know!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-I337M - 4.2.2
    Telus Mobility
    Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
    ---