Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S4 flashed phone

So, I have a flashed Galaxy S4 that was flashed to Straight Talk. It is not working as well as I had hoped and now I am considering getting another phone. I am wondering if I reset the phone will it revert back to the way it was before I flashed it. And if not, what are my options to sell it? This is my first time owning a flashed phone and any help is much appreciated. TIA.

Global Posts
    298 Global Posts

Default Re: S4 flashed phone

Did you want it to be on Straight Talk?

Flashed phones sometimes have issues if not done by a professional. A factory reset will only get you back to where you cleanly flashed it, not to its original state.

IMHO your options are:

Send it off to be flashed (or find someone nearby that does this stuff) properly
    Odin it back to what it should be, then sell it
    deal with it
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: S4 flashed phone

Thanks for your response. I did actually wish it to be flashed to ST and it was done by someone I feel knew what he was doing. The problem really is that I live in a rural area and here I notice I can have 2 or 3 bars and the phone will barely get on the internet with some apps just not working at all. Sometimes I can restart the phone when this happens and it seems to help. In contrast, in larger areas, I can have 2-3 bars and the phone works very well. And when I have very good signal strength anywhere, the phone works very well. I am not sure if it is the phone or it's just Verizon service where I live. I am just weighing my options. So, if I do a factory reset will it revert back to the previous carrier? Without activating the phone how will I know if it works correctly should I choose to try to sell it after doing so?